Is it a date... (1 Viewer)

total_revolt

HSC
when two people meet up for the first time for a planned time together? Is it as simple as that?

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
The distinction between friendship and 'more than friends' i.e. dating is simply a physical one i.e. one of act.

When you 'go to cinema AS FRIENDS' there is no psychological implication that you would be any more or less 'friendly' than if you were dating.

So basically what im saying is.....if you are 'going as friends' then there is no more to it than that.

Unless you start making out during the film.

In fact if you look at the synonym of this, 'going as lovers', you can clearly see what I'm trying to say about this. You'd be exactly the same....just with your finger in her.

wanton-wonton

HSC
I remember when I wanted to meet someone for the first time (through the net, yeah, sad eh, shut up), anyway, I tell them "Look, it's not a date okay, so don't get too excited."...unless if it really is a date, which I've never been on one.

:(
*sigh*
*looks directly at the sun*

The point is, it's not a date.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
only a date if you're flirting for no reason.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
Not necessary and I don't like the idea of "meet up for the first time"...

SweetSeasons

HSC
I've been in this situation b4... I thought it was a date and he didn't.. haha now that was awkward

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yeah the two people have to like each other for it to be a date. but why do you need to call it a date? thats such a 90s word.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think the fact you need to ask an internet forum about it suggest that it is actually not yet a date as such

SweetSeasons

HSC
sikeveo said:
its a date when u start touching.
haha that would be so bad.. if some guy you saw as just a mate started to like grope u in the movies n then he's all like *It's a date we touched*

Smurg

Fookin' Hell
HSC
As I said...it's the same as 'going as friends' except with your finger in her.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
as others have said, it's not a date unless both parties show an interest in the other person (flirting, holding hands, kissing, some other way where they show that they like the other person as more than a friend), or if it's previously arranged as a 'date' (and even then it doesnt always turn out as 'real' date). otherwise it's just friends going out, or someone with a crush going somewhere with the person they have a crush on

Pierotte

HSC
total_revolt said:
when two people meet up for the first time for a planned time together? Is it as simple as that?
No.. its not a date

Its two people meeting up for the first time for a planned time together.

Your situation is as simple as that.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Oh I get it now, CU-NT.

That'll teach me to randomly drift in and out of the forum, I miss all sorts of brilliant happenings!

Laylaz

HSC
For it to be a date, both parties need to acknowledge it in clear words or it can lead to sever heartbreaks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)