Is it alright(good) to have critics in Module B HAMLET (with the new updated syllabus (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
I pretty much know all the poems for what I'm doing for mod B (Yeats). Its just that my analysis (my central idea) isn't long enough for if they stated to only doing a specific number of the poems.
Ie. Each poem I have has an analysis of 150 words.. if I plan to do 4 poems - intro is 130 words, 4x150 for the body paragraphs and 100 conclusion = 830 words.
If they ask us to do 2... 130 intro, 2x150 body and 100 conclusion = 530 words = definitely too short.
I'm gonna have to think of some extra stuff haha. Its a tough task as some poems are only like.. 10 lines long, you cant extract as many techniques /quotes or whatever.
I wish I did hamlet! It seems so much easier/interesting than Yeats -__-
Furthermore, with our trials and assessment task, we knew that they weren't gonna specify the number of texts we use or which text we have to include. I'm not concerned about if they specify a poem in hsc, I'm just concerned if they tell us how many to use.
At the moment... I think the likelihood is that they'd tell us to use 2 poems, or 3 poems, or specify which poem to use and not place a limit on the number of poems. Telling us to do 4 poems seems very unlikely. Hopefully it works in my favour (specifying a poem + as many poems as we like)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Re: My english essays are 1000 words each will I be marked down????

Im doing english advance and I will be writing 1000 words or (950~ish) per essay in the exam.

The reason is a I have a disease called essential tremor and cant write at optimal level.

Will I be at a disadvantage> (ignoring quality of all essays)
If you can get medical evidence that this disease is impacting your ability to perform, you should consider applying for special consideration. You might be eligible for using a computer or having someone else write for you.

Being able to write 1000 words in 40 mins is good, but you want to be performing at your best.

Having said that, if you're hsc is 2012, it's almost definitely too late to apply for consideration and your performance during trials should be an indicator of your abilities.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
is it true module B (hamlet) is scaled up????

is it true module B (hamlet) is scaled up????for advance english.Basically, Mod A 19/20 doesnt not = a 19/20 MOD B

alexobern

HSC
Re: is it true module B (hamlet) is scaled up????

all the modules and all the different question within the different modules are scaled somewhat, this is to basically make up for difficulties of questions

Stelleee

HSC

I was talking about this at the boarders breakfast table actually...I heard that Hamlet doesn't get scaled however it's the hardest module in that section? Maybe they changed it...

Demise

HSC

Average for Hamlet is like 11/20, and average for Harwood is around 12/20? So Hamlet does get scaled relatively well, probably 15/20 for Hamlet is 17/20 I'm estimating.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
I have some spare time, what theme on HAMLET should I memorise?

I have some spare time, what theme on HAMLET should I memorise?

I've already memorised
-existentialism
-deception/loyalty
-feminism

anything else?

onedaysnotice

HSC
Re: I have some spare time, what theme on HAMLET should I memorise?

madness
revenge

sghguos

HSC
N/A

k thx

unLimitieDx

HSC

mainly revenge and honour

sghguos

HSC
N/A

can anyone please send me a paragraph on "revenge" in HAMLET?

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Is this an example of morbid simile in Hamlet Mod B?

meaningless deaths portrayed through the morbid simile “to their graves like beds”

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Is this an example of morbid simile in Hamlet Mod B?

answer please

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Is this an example of morbid simile in Hamlet Mod B?

answer please anyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)