Is it better to do (1 Viewer)

Inneed

HSC
Bachelor of Biomedicine at Melbourne Uni, or Biomedical science at La Trobe?

Also, is there any emphasis of practical learning at Melbourne Uni Biomedicine?

anfonnee

HSC
Melb Uni, i'm told that if you get a credit average you can gain entry straight into med, dent, optom, physio, pharm... that might be something to consider

dolbinau

HSC
Melb Uni, i'm told that if you get a credit average you can gain entry straight into med, dent, optom, physio, pharm... that might be something to consider

Med? No wayyy.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I'd go to Umelb if I was inclined to do medicine, etc afterwards. But if La trobe (Bendigo, etc) is a lot closer to home, and finances are difficult I would go there. You can always do accredited subjects at La trobe that match up to to Umelb's standards, there is a list in the link below. Practicals will be a part of any science degree! Current structure at Umelb: http://www.ssc.science.unimelb.edu.au/courseinfo/majors/continuing/planning/biomed

You will need to have done equivalent biomedical science subjects to do med dent, pharm at Umelb in addition sit GAMSAT, get a gpa of 5.5-6 min, sit an interview, etc.

Doctor of Medicine selection : School of Medicine : University of Melbourne

Last edited:

lifequest

HSC
You're told a lie.
Postgraduate Med is fierce, same with dent.
Back 07' I went to the melbourne Uni open day and asked the person at the biomedical stand what is "genuinely/honestly the chances of transferring". She/he gave me a weird smile and said "Well, competition is fierce, but if you do well you'll get in! :S"
That, to me means: "HA! Good luck with that"

Anyway, back on topic. I'd choose Melbourne University's Biomedicine course. Don't even consider La Trobe if you have no qualms about going to Melb Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)