Is it difficult to keep 12 units for HSC? (1 Viewer)

Webbi

HSC
i'm currently doing Advanced English, General Math, Society, Legal, Visual Art & CAFS.Not sure if i should drop a subject or stick with them all. i'm topping all classes!I also have outside commitments like work and cadets...Please help!

deswa1

HSC
I did 12 units throughout the whole year and I managed to cope but I like my subjects so it wasn't hard staying on top of things etc. I think, if you like them and you're decent with time management, its not that much harder and it gives you the freedom of a backup unit. I would defs recommend doing at least the first term with 12 units and then see how you go- if time is starting to eff you up or you hate one subject or whatever, then drop imo

mimi2195

HSC
I'm currently undertaking 13 units for my HSC course. I would say don't drop anything as of yet because you don't really know how well you're going to do with the HSC syllabus being implemented upon your subjects, considering that HSC and Prelim work are completely different.
SO, keep them all and if you find yourself struggling then you can drop at any time throughout the year :)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Do people usually do 12 units or 10 units in general?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Do people usually do 12 units or 10 units in general?
At my school most people do 10, it's normally the more "serious" people about school that do 11-13.

I'm never an advocate of doing more than 13 units at once (acceleration is different).

nifkeh

HSC
i'm currently doing Advanced English, General Math, Society, Legal, Visual Art & CAFS.Not sure if i should drop a subject or stick with them all. i'm topping all classes!I also have outside commitments like work and cadets...Please help!
it's not hard if you time manage well, you did 12 units for prelim too :p if you can't cope, drop away the worst or one you cbb for

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Why do the more "serious" people do 11-13 units? I'm doing 12 right now, but if I can cope with MX2 I'll drop Engineering so I go down to 10 units, but I'm curious as to why people prefer more than 10 units.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It's not difficult with decent time management and the ability to stay on top of things

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I did 14. No problem at all - just manage your time.

Kowther

HSC
I'm doing 14 units. Shouldn't be too hard if you manage to stay on top of things, complete your work and study everyday. Also it's better to keep an extra 2 units just incase you stuff up in a HSC subject. If you feel that you can't cope, you can always drop a subject later on in the year. :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Why do the more "serious" people do 11-13 units? I'm doing 12 right now, but if I can cope with MX2 I'll drop Engineering so I go down to 10 units, but I'm curious as to why people prefer more than 10 units.
Oh serious people do ten units, but alot of kids that do 10 units are because they don't have to do more and just slack off in their frees. Just what I observe at my school, of course at selective schools may of the serious kids absolutely gun at 10, jsut look at iSplicer for someone blitzing with 10. Alot of people if they're going for a high ATAR like to have the security of extra units, but it's really just a psyche thing you know.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Naaaa, the Majority of people at my school do 11 or 12 units. It's fine. Don't worry

Live

HSC
i'm doing 12 units at the moment and i'm an average student. It's not that difficult

BRegs

HSC
Would you guys recommend going to 10 units from 12? I'm currently doing Legal Studies, Food Tech, Advanced English, Ancient History and Studies of Religion 2U. I'm finding that I'm spending too much time on school work with six subjects (particularly with Ancient History - a content heavy subject). I'm going fairly well in all my subjects (first or first few ranks) and was just wondering if it wise to just focus on 10, given my current situation.

Thanks.

Webbi

HSC
I would go by what others have told me in past replies, but if your doing ancient I know that is a lot of heavy theory material, and you may want to discuss that with someone whod does the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)