is it normal to have 13 units? (1 Viewer)

oot123

HSC
N/A
how many units do people usually have in y11 and how many study periods are these usually?

i currently have 13 cause of my one ext class, and i found it weird that i literally only got 2 study periods (worth 50 min each) a fortnight cause i thought i would have more lol.

if i had 12 units would that give me one more study period?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i had no study periods in year 11 with 13 units
keep 13 units, you don't need study periods in year 11, they are a waste of time

oot123

HSC
N/A
oh also if i were to drop a subject in year 12 and have 11 units, how would they calculate that. cause aren’t subjects counted by 2 units and only the best 10 are used for the atar?

idk if that wording makes sense djkwmfn

tangerines

HSC
oh also if i were to drop a subject in year 12 and have 11 units, how would they calculate that. cause aren’t subjects counted by 2 units and only the best 10 are used for the atar?

idk if that wording makes sense djkwmfn
since extension units are out of 50 rather than 100 like 2 unit courses, and only your best 10 units are counted towards your atar, if your extension results are better than your lowest 2u course they’ll only take half of your worst subject’s mark rather than the full two units. for example, my friend with 11 units did 3u english which he did better in than pdhpe, a 2u subject. so in his atar, english extension contributed to his atar fully out of 50 whereas only half of his pdhpe mark was counted (but he is still rewarded the full hsc mark out of 100, separate from the atar calculation). im not sure if “half” means they take your best marks out of 50, like if you got 80/100 they would give you 50/50 and disregard 30/50, or if they halve your score like 40/50. if someone knows and could share that would be great, but hopefully my explanation helps even a little!!

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
im not sure if “half” means they take your best marks out of 50, like if you got 80/100 they would give you 50/50 and disregard 30/50, or if they halve your score like 40/50. if someone knows and could share that would be great, but hopefully my explanation helps even a little!!
They halve your mark, so in that instance it would be 40/50

Bronx_Tips

HSC
how many units do people usually have in y11 and how many study periods are these usually?

i currently have 13 cause of my one ext class, and i found it weird that i literally only got 2 study periods (worth 50 min each) a fortnight cause i thought i would have more lol.

THATSS SADDDD

CeeTia

HSC
N/A

dang,,,, good luck for those units but if you handle your time well it should be alright!

I'm doing 12 units and I have 4 study periods a fortnight but a friend of mine (who is doing 13 units) don't have any so its good you at least have some.

jilly12

HSC
Currently doing 13 units, have zero study periods. But considering dropping pe next year cause it is so boring. But it depends on how well I do in it relative to all my other subjects.

banigul@30

HSC
i have 13 units too wth no study periods : ( outa curiosity how many periods do you guys have in a day?

jilly12

HSC
6 on Monday and Friday 7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays (Maths Ext at 8 in the morning 💀 ) and Wednesdays I have three periods

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Study periods ain't all that honestly, I basically live in the library now because all of my ext units are off the timetable and I dropped a subject, it's getting depressing

the more you have --> the less effectively you're using them

carrotsss

HSC
Study periods ain't all that honestly, I basically live in the library now because all of my ext units are off the timetable and I dropped a subject, it's getting depressing

the more you have --> the less effectively you're using them
yeah I had 20/fortnight in y12 I think and i ended up messing around with friends in pretty much all of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)