Is it okay for a braceface to eat sugar? (1 Viewer)

Plodygon

HSC
I've had braces for a little over a year now, and I was wondering if any others have had dentists who have said sugar is completely off limits. See, a lot of my family and friends, who also have braces, say that their dentists allow them to eat sugar. My dentist said I'm not allowed to listen to anyone who says sugar won't damage braces, because they are wrong. Whoops..

Oh, and for the record, I don't actually not eat sugar. I actually eat it now more than ever... you know, the forbidden fruit syndrome.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Lol, i eat sugar, my dentist doesn't mind. But I know now not to eat apples (although i still do). Apples broke my wire once.

danal353

HSC
all the people i've ever known who've had braces could eat sugar... i think it's just particular types of food (e.g. apples from previous post) that you can't eat

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you would like to feed the bacterias that thriving on the sugars.
the only pretty lollipop loving girls are the fake ones in story books spend time in fantasy land.
real loppipop loving girls spend time at waiting area at dentist.

Plodygon

HSC
Yeah, whenever I eat an apple I have to cut it up into little pieces. Quite annoying. It's interesting about how lots of other people with braces eat sugar, too. Perhaps my dentist is merely paranoid.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
What does he mean by sugar?

Like, raw sugar? Because I mean, unless you live off celery, there is no way you can avoid sugar.

Plodygon

HSC
Really? Hmm, that's odd.

By sugar he means like chocolate, lollies... basically foods with lots of artificial sugar in them.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
My orthodontist didn't say anything at all and i ate whatever i felt like, including chewing gum, lollies, chocolate etc etc

Miz Janani

HSC
My orthodontist said that eating anything hard/chewy (apples, lollipops, bubblegum) would ruin my braces.

But major tip:

NEVER EAT BUBBLEGUM/CHEWWY IF YOU ARE WEARING A RETAINER

I had to learn that the hard way :eek:

Plodygon

HSC
My orthodontist said that eating anything hard/chewy (apples, lollipops, bubblegum) would ruin my braces.

But major tip:

NEVER EAT BUBBLEGUM/CHEWWY IF YOU ARE WEARING A RETAINER

I had to learn that the hard way :eek:
Lol. I'll take your word for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)