Is it possible for ACER to change the entire Sec 1 and 3 this year (1 Viewer)

bradpitt

HSC
I saw this topic on Medentry so I thought I raise it here. What do you guys think. Is it possible?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
change in difficulty? of course. one can speculate that s1 will be made easier/passages shorter and that s3 will be harder, but at the end of the day its up to them.
change in question type? no, unless they specifically state it or change types of sample questions in their booklets.
if u read their booklet for 2009, it will all be in there. e.g. no. questions, time limit, sample questions etc. they will not mislead you into thinking the umat is one type of test when it is completely different.

nottellingu

HSC
change in difficulty? of course. one can speculate that s1 will be made easier/passages shorter and that s3 will be harder, but at the end of the day its up to them.
change in question type? no, unless they specifically state it or change types of sample questions in their booklets.
if u read their booklet for 2009, it will all be in there. e.g. no. questions, time limit, sample questions etc. they will not mislead you into thinking the umat is one type of test when it is completely different.
They can introduce new types of questions without warning. They have done it in the past. Befor umat used to have t qs like how many squares are in the figure and then one yr they randomly changed it to sequence questions without warning.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
those are usually the trial questions that dont get counted at all. but i guess the idea is to try do everything as you cant be sure which ones are going to count and which ones are.
again, there is the element of luck involved as to how much time u waste on a question that wont even count.
they wont completely change the section. 3-4 new questions max per section.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
wouldnt they have to change the sampl questions aswell? im sure its not their goal to mislead people. so there wouldnt be a dramatic overhaul.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
They usually give hints or minute details of major changes to the UMAT test through the practice exams/the annual info booklet. For instance in 2007 they produced a new set of practice exams and also did not mention nor give examples in the 2007 exam info booklet that there would be 'find-a-shape in the grid questions' as they had done in previous years.

I sat the umat twice in both 2007 & 2008 and yes I and undoubtedly others did recognise an introduction of a handful of new question formats or change(s) in the style and format of some questions in comparison to the sample question, sitting previous exams and practice booklets, etc.

Last edited:

Standardized

HSC
I did the exam back in 2006 and i remember an awful lot of " find this shape in the figure" type questions. but when i ordered the acer practice materiel there weren't any similar questions in the booklets...anyone with an insight of what changed in 2007 and 2008 ?
are these questions still in the exam or they took them off ? cheers

singh.with.me

HSC
^^ according to medentry, findinga random shape in a lot of mess is not part of the umat anymore =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)