Is it Possible To Get Paper Back? (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mic
Looking at the Privacy Act, it does seem like that we can request it.

but if you remember the controversy about the guy who wrote the story about the asylum seeker wanting to kill john howard, the BOS went on a song-and-dance about how they own the papers and they weren't gonna give the paper to him.

plus those blue forms we signed i think have something about allowing them ownership.
I'm Curious. What is this controversy you speak of?
Is there an article on this?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
That's not correct - the law takes a different view.
go the law knowledge!! :p...

it's probably because they provided that cheap paper for us, which entitles them to keep it, argghh but iwasted my OWN INK DAMMIT! now gimme back my ink :p...

abdooooo!!!

Banned
hey just on this getting the paper back thing... aren't teachers allowed to ask to see their students examination paper after the hsc... i heard my teacher talking about some students hsc paper last year... i'll try ask him tommorow if this is true. :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Unless the teacher was directly involved with the marking, I highly doubt your teacher would be able to get hold of em.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Unless the teacher was directly involved with the marking, I highly doubt your teacher would be able to get hold of em.

i wonder where BOS archives them :p..

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i'd say its cause exams can only be identified by student numbers and the BOS really cannot be F*&Ked, looking up over a million papers sorting them, finding addressess and mailing them back at a large cost, for students to chuck them all out

peut-etre

I'd like to see some of you guys who claim that it's your legal rite to be able to obtain your papers actually attempt to get them.. Give it a go and see what happens.. But I'm sure that the Board has come across little wana-be lawyers fresh out of school before who want to fight these injustices and get their papers back..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)