Is it possible to love someone and dislike them at the same time? (1 Viewer)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Yes absolutely.

It's possible to love someone and absolutely despise them as well.

Because frankly what they say/do is ten times more offensive to you because you respect their opinion.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
All this comes down to and the only discussion you'll have on this is what people define "love" as.

It seems to me that a lot of people usually equate being grateful and appreciative of someone's sacrifices for them as "love", however often accompanied by a complete disregard toward that someone's character.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
oh I took it as like every now and then, not all the time.

What no you can't dislike people all the time and love them that makes no sense.

I thought he meant every now and then.

Eg155

HSC
Yes, it is.
You could really like someone, or even be in love with them... but they seem to always break your heart anyway. This is where the dislike comes in :L

MrFox

HSC
N/A
All this comes down to and the only discussion you'll have on this is what people define "love" as.

It seems to me that a lot of people usually equate being grateful and appreciative of someone's sacrifices for them as "love", however often accompanied by a complete disregard toward that someone's character.
how would you define it?

Lentern

HSC
Wuthering Heights should be prerequisite reading to post in this section, gosh.

Stelleee

HSC
Probably? Love and hate are pretty strong words...but I suppose in a way, you could to an extent hate some of the traits they have, whilst you have an infatuation or lust, or friendly connection with them? hahaha

2xL

HSC
Yes, it is.
You could really like someone, or even be in love with them... but they seem to always break your heart anyway. This is where the dislike comes in :L
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)