Is it still possible to get an 80+ UAI? (1 Viewer)

Ricky09

HSC
My current marks are as followed.

Studies of Religion
Interest Study Project: 82%
Research and Oral task: 95%

English (Standard)
Area of Study (Common): 75%
Edit Expereince Through Language Speech: 80%

Business Studies
Stimulus Topic: 77.5%
Skills Report: 100%

Legal Studies
Written Task/Skills: 68%

General Mathematics
Test: 84%

Information Processes and Technology
Written Exam: 65.8%

Admitably, i did not do great work Term 4 of last year and bludged.

But i now do 3 hours minimum of work every night and my marks have improved. The only two marks i have received this year have been the 95% for religion and 100% for business. If i continue the work load and produce good results is it possible to get an 80+ UAI? Even with the burdon of a a few 70% results i currently have.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
if you keep up your work and your rank, i'd say you'd be able to get above 90+ with those results. don't study too long ... study smart!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Those 60's will really hamper your UAI.

You want at least low eighties whilst keeping, neigh, bettering your other marks.

Ricky09

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Those 60's will really hamper your UAI.

You want at least low eighties whilst keeping, neigh, bettering your other marks.
Yeah. The 60's will harm me. I should be able to boost to low 80's in Legal, but i struggle in exams for IPT for several reasons.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
And be aware that the scaling of your subjects aren't that great, so put in extra effort to compensate for that. But it is very achievable.

shamila

HSC
hey guys i really want to get it to uni with mid 80s can anyone tel me a sugesstion on these results so far plz cheers

standard english-93%
general maths-75%
legal studeis-80%
business studies-70%
biology-80%

daza|ex

HSC
I'm doing remarkably simmilar subjects and would also like to now :) (wouldn't we all eh?)

Modern History
Exam 1 - 50%

English (Advanced)
Area of Study (Common): 75%

Legal Studies
Presentation - 77.5%

General Mathematics
Test N/A (Guessing at least 80s, maybe 90s)

Information Processes and Technology
Written Exam: 97%
Assignment 1: 95%

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread.. imo shamilia 3 hours of study a night will really place you in the 90s should you maintain it. I do about no study now and seem to get by. I also got to a selective school :/

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
It's hard to tell with assessment marks what UAI you'll get, because different schools set different tasks of different difficulty. The only thing that will help is ranks and trial marks - these can be combined into a vague sort of UAI. As a very, very general rule for an 80+, you want to be ranked in the top fifth of your class (maybe lower if you're at a good school), and get at least 75-80 across all your subjects in your trial exams.

I_F

shamila

HSC
hey thanx so u say i will get into my 90s
thanx atleast someone replaid but im still scared on the trails and other asesment tasks u know

gyponese

HSC
even though i havn't experienced the hsc, and what marks u can get with what assessment marks.. if u punch those assessement marks into sam, u'll get a rough estimate, but >80uai isnt impossible.. keep in mind that the average uai is 75, therefore, if u put in more effort (work smarter, not harder or longer) ur bound 2 get a uai greater than 85 :+).. honestly, coz the cap on standard english, thats the only worry......

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nothings impossible. be determined, motivated and work hard and you will achieve a great mark that will be far from what you expected =]

Last edited:

ioniser

HSC
its not marks that count,its your rank that is of most importance

you could come first with a school internal mark of 60,but then if you kick ass in the hsc exam room and get 90 your internal school mark automatically goes up to 90 .

think ranks not marks

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I guess there is still time to improve, we're only about half way, and still have half-yearlies and trials, which constitute a very large portion of your internal assessment. So it's still possible to work on your weaker subjects and continue to excel in your stronger ones.

jesswatt

HSC
What if your grade is really small..mine is about 25 of us. if i am ranked first or second in my grade does it matter if its small?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
jesswatt said:
What if your grade is really small..mine is about 25 of us. if i am ranked first or second in my grade does it matter if its small?
The size of the grade isn't as important as how good the class is overall.

I_F

Riviet

HSC
N/A
But then again, if you're ranked first, or even second, scaling should barely affect you at all. So keep that rank up there. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)