Is it too late to pick up chemistry? (1 Viewer)

iopse

HSC
N/A
I would like to switch from history to chemistry as I've decided to pursure a career in health sciences but I wondering whether the school will let me or is it too late?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Just ask. At worst you would not be allowed.

But don't just ask. Explain why you want to and why you need to and to persuade and convince the school you can manage it and are able to make up for the lost term - presumably you are now in year 11.

It's also very dumb of so many who post, asking for some advice or help - without providing some relevant background info like what year they are in, which suburb they live in, what subjects they are doing (if pertinent) etc

Last edited:

iopse

HSC
N/A
I am yr 11 doing VA, 3u maths, mod + ancient history and physics. Would like to drop ancient for chem...any tips for catching up/convincing the school?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Some of your classmates are doing chemistry. Talk to them; ask them, seek their advice and help. Find out what topics they have already covered. Beg, borrow or steal a copy of the Chemistry text book they are using and try to read those topics they have/are covering. See how you go. If you cannot understand some of the stuff (quite normal) ask your classmates for help. Read other Chem books if necessary. Work your butts off. Don't give up. Ideally, you can approach your chem teacher and show him/her that you can handle the work so far.

I note that you are doing 2 Histories; not much career prospects there.

Last edited:

iopse

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I chose what I thought I enjoyed and didnt realise what I wanted to do in uni. Is there a number of hours required by BoS for a course or do I just have to convince the school?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I chose what I thought I enjoyed and didnt realise what I wanted to do in uni. Is there a number of hours required by BoS for a course or do I just have to convince the school?
If you are in preliminary you probably can pick it up still.

You are meant to do 100 hours? (or so?) of the year 11 course.

iopse

HSC
N/A
Is there anyone here who picked up a subject in term 2?

atcha

HSC
N/A
A guy at my school switched to business studies this term without doing any preliminary. If he can get away with that than anything is possible.

imannnk

HSC
A lot of preliminary knowledge for chemistry is needed for year 12. It's one of the subjects that you probably need year 11's knowledge for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)