Is it worth redoing units completed early? (1 Viewer)

Raolan

HSC
Just sat the Maths Extension 2 exam a year ahead and based on the solutions posted up I only managed 45%, which isn't good at all.

That said I've got a total of 12 units (MX1, MX2, Physics, Chemistry, Software, Advanced English) and I don't feel like it's worth repeating it, seeing as it'll consume time I'd rather spend on the other subjects, potentially damaging my ATAR more than improving it.

So I'm left with either redo MX2 (only MX2, not worried about MX1) or focus on the remaining 8 units and get them as high as possible. Opinions?
If it counts for anything I'm ranked first in everything but English and MX2.

Last edited:

Currybear

HSC
im in the same boat, except only 3U

i plan to do 4U next year
so until i get my 3U results back, im gonna continue on with it. I talked to my teachers and they said they would cut me some slack with the 3U work, ie i could do any other subject in their class as long as im up to date with work

marty mcfly

HSC
Based on previous years, that should be aligned to the mid-high 70s (depending on how hard the exam was), which will still scale very well for your ATAR. Since you're ranked so well in your other subjects, it would be better to focus on maintaining a high rank in those.

(correct me if I'm wrong, but MX2 is out of 100 not 120 this year, right?)

Raolan

HSC
Based on previous years, that should be aligned to the mid-high 70s (depending on how hard the exam was), which will still scale very well for your ATAR. Since you're ranked so well in your other subjects, it would be better to focus on maintaining a high rank in those.

(correct me if I'm wrong, but MX2 is out of 100 not 120 this year, right?)
Pretty sure it's 100. I'm not worried about getting high 80s/90s or anything, but 45% feels like an atrocious result even if it will align higher. I guess I'll have to wait and see in December or whenever I get the result back.

Last edited:

marty mcfly

HSC
Pretty sure it's 100. I'm not worried about getting high 80s/90s or anything, but 45% feels like an atrocious result even if it will align higher. I guess I'll have to wait and see in December or whenever I get the result back.
keep in mind that it will then get scaled for your ATAR; so it will end up giving 90+, around 95 according to the calculator i'm looking at

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)