Is Math Standard hard to catch up on?? (1 Viewer)

lola_ruby

HSC
Hey!!
I'm currently in Math Advanced and I cbf anymore, it's so time consuming and my teacher gives us three hours of homework each lesson, I would get a better ATAR in standard, yada yada yada... If I dropped to standard I would have to catch up on 2 terms of standard math. From what I've seen math standard is insanely easy and I think I can catch up on it well. If anyone has done what I'm doing please lmk your experiences with it and stuff. Thank you!!

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hey!!
I'm currently in Math Advanced and I cbf anymore, it's so time consuming and my teacher gives us three hours of homework each lesson, I would get a better ATAR in standard, yada yada yada... If I dropped to standard I would have to catch up on 2 terms of standard math. From what I've seen math standard is insanely easy and I think I can catch up on it well. If anyone has done what I'm doing please lmk your experiences with it and stuff. Thank you!!
Adv is always the hardest. I've done 3u and 4u content and nothing compares to how horrific financial maths is. fyi you'll experience it regardless of if you drop or not since this crap is common content. On another note: most ext students find adv harder, so imo i think u should instead pick up 3u and 4u so you can avoid allat adv yap.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Adv is always the hardest. I've done 3u and 4u content and nothing compares to how horrific financial maths is. fyi you'll experience it regardless of if you drop or not since this crap is common content. On another note: most ext students find adv harder, so imo i think u should instead pick up 3u and 4u so you can avoid allat adv yap.
i didnt know u could pick up 3u in yr12

lola_ruby

HSC
Are you really saying I should pick up another unit of math when I'm already struggling with the advanced workload??? I'm defo dropping to math standard instead of going to extension

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
i didnt know u could pick up 3u in yr12
No, that is not possible. Only Mathematics Extension 2 can be taken in year 12 and that requires a student to have completed the Mathematics Extension 1 year 11 course and keep Mathematics Extension 1 in year 12 (i.e. a co-requisite).

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Are you really saying I should pick up another unit of math when I'm already struggling with the advanced workload??? I'm defo dropping to math standard instead of going to extension
if u think u cant improve with adv id say drop, it shouldnt be too hard catching up depending on what the class has already covered

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hey!!
you don't necessarily have to do ur teacher's hw
u can just self study

lola_ruby

HSC
Just to ask, what math advanced chapters does everyone think are the hardest?

Neogotmyback

HSC
Hey!!
I was in the exact position you are. I caught up on 2 terms of math in two weeks it was so damn easy and got 90% in my prelim (you could defo do better I just didn't do a whole lot of practice papers). Honestly, doing advanced math was wearing away my sanity and standard math is now one of my favourite classes. Year 11 and 12 should also be enjoyed, so don't waste your sanity on math and if you're concerned about uni requirements, most are only assumed knowledge for math adv. Good luck!!

BasedMathTutor

HSC
Hey!!
Absolutely a good idea to switch if you're just looking to get a higher ATAR. Terrible idea if you're planning on any Engineering or applied math degree at uni. All the engineering programs require a high level of math foundation to even be able to pass. If you're planning on doing data science there's usually mandatory stats papers to do too which standard math isn't going to be enough for you to keep up with. Depends on what you're planning on taking at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)