is my creative 'belonging' story idea suitable? (1 Viewer)

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
i think he means as a basis for a story about belonging m8

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
your against homosexuality because alot of people are "doing it"?
Nothing against homosexuality at all. It's just a really cliche cookie-cutter-standard story idea now that the AoS has been changed to "Belonging".

shrapnelle

HSC
telling u now, u choose nything to do with cliched vampires, ur gonna get axxed

Last edited:

shrapnelle

HSC
oh btw, not to sure if ur writing to kinda vent ur own feelings or that of someone u know, but i can tell you , u write nything to do with peer groups at school homosexual or straight, ur gonna get axxed. remember teachers are real people, they get bored of things, guarentee u there are going to be hundreds of people writing about not beloning or wanting to belong at school, i mean as teachers they deal with school everyday, if u want to write in modern style i suggest u write about the things u like in ur own style, if u like jazz perhaps write a creative peice on how jazz is not fitting in with contemporay society. the best marks will go to those who write something deeply emoptional yet sepperated from the writer (in other words dont write about ur self, write about aspects that appeal to you). btw if u struggle with expressing feelings write in first person.
hope i helped

Sean432

HSC
My creative is about an irish mobster, examined twice, 27/30 overall, woooooooo

P.T.F.E

HSC
i just cant do it. i cannot write a decent story/ anything creative. as much as i try and not run a cliche theme i end up at one ACCIDENTLY. maybe i should write a short story on how i cannot comrehend and grasp a connection to a creative belonging story and it may act as a barrier to uni due to the fact of a lower UAI. The task is excluding me because i am not very literature minded and i have a greater affiliation with mathematics. By not being able to write a good creative piece i feel awkward and alone when discussing/ reading my story aloud i therefore excluded myself from discussion and the class.
I HATE ENGLISH

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i just cant do it. i cannot write a decent story/ anything creative. as much as i try and not run a cliche theme i end up at one ACCIDENTLY. maybe i should write a short story on how i cannot comrehend and grasp a connection to a creative belonging story and it may act as a barrier to uni due to the fact of a lower UAI. The task is excluding me because i am not very literature minded and i have a greater affiliation with mathematics. By not being able to write a good creative piece i feel awkward and alone when discussing/ reading my story aloud i therefore excluded myself from discussion and the class.
I HATE ENGLISH
LOL +1

Try sitting down and just brainstorming for a while - you should come up with a good idea after a while :)

Jordan27/2

HSC
stealth shinobi i think you stole the idea maybe from twilight?
have you read the book.. cause it sounds exactly like it. make up something totally different. look outside the box.. a vietnam veteren or something..

Erotic Jesus

HSC
Still have no fucking idea as to what my story will be about.
I've got some ideas, which I've been developing in my head, quicker then writing everything down, I guess.

But if worst comes to worst I've got a couple of stories I wrote in class, they're mostly about lonely men with addictions who end up committing suicide though, I was marked well for them. I don't really want to use that content in my HSC though. I can do better.

fliick

HSC
N/A
I got 15/15 for trials, marked by English teacher who has marked exams for over 10 years.
A story I did based on your own personal real life experience, written beautifully (Lots of metaphors) can't go wrong.

If it's simple. Ie. Going shopping at IGA in Parramatta as opposed to usually shopping in Blacktown... Unfamiliar, the deli lady is a bitch etc.
Personally mine was bullimia related, but I've got 4 years worth of experience for it not to sound cliche. So if you have an experience out of the ordinary, you should write about it.

Sadiah

HSC
if you can get ahold of the top journey creatives that would be useful.

Things that work could be simple things like not belonging in a sport team and being left out because of some reason (an injury maybe?). You don't want to make your plot over-dramatic and cliche but something realistic. Its best to choose something that actually happened to you but try and stay away from school matters and other cliches because face it, half the state is gonna do that. If you want the marker not to pass your story off like the other 30000 people then you need to be different.
It doesnt have to be realistic

its meant 2 b a "creative story"

think outta da square

like... a guy with wings - landed on earth, can't belong to the stupid humans or something.

:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)