Is my subjects good for year 11 ? (1 Viewer)

indierockgrrrl

HSC
Hello Hello,
I'm kerfuffling at the moment because I'm not sure whether to do either extension english or visual design for my one unit. :speechless:

These are the subjects that I have chosen:

Advanced Math (2 unit)
Advanced English
Chemistry
Music
Ancient History
Studies of Religion I
Extension English

I keep hearing people making assumptions, that extension English is just more writing and is a waste of your time. I just want
to hear real opinions, from someone who has actually done it. I just want to make sure I kill all the subjects that I do. Anyone
who gives me a decent answer, I will forever be your servant and throw rose petals at your feet. Just kidding. :haha:

Thief

!!
HSC
Yeah they're all good subjects.

If you have a passion for english, then do 3U. I personally don't do it but yeah, it's not really a waste of your time. It would also give you the option to pick up 4U in yr12.

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah they're all good subjects.

If you have a passion for english, then do 3U. I personally don't do it but yeah, it's not really a waste of your time. It would also give you the option to pick up 4U in yr12.
This pretty much - if you enjoy english, then EE1 is certainly worth doing.

such_such

HSC
Check what topic you're doing for Extension English. I should have done that. I'm doing textual dynamics (prelim level) and it's absolutely the worse, no matter how much I truly like English. Other schools do like Gothic and crime, which are topics that suit my tastes. And the amount I do for EE1 is so much compared to Advanced. It's not over-the-top, but it's certainly more, even though it's a 1 unit subject.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi, is extension English a very enjoyable subject? Yes, I love English to the grave. I just don't think I can handle all my subjects.
Did doing ext English put a lot of pressure on you? or was it easy peasy japanesy?
I liked it. But we're not you, so really you have to try for yourself.

Personally, I thought EX1 was a breeze. I put pretty much no work in for it except reading the books and studying them before exams or tests or assignments.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I liked it. But we're not you, so really you have to try for yourself.

Personally, I thought EX1 was a breeze. I put pretty much no work in for it except reading the books and studying them before exams or tests or assignments.
Haha this guy. From my friends, they said EX1 english is much for enjoyable than Adv English. Personally, I don't really like english, but nothing should stop you from trying it out. By the way Shadowdude, since you're going to the UNSW Open Day, will your shadow look the same? So that I can recognise you.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Haha this guy. From my friends, they said EX1 english is much for enjoyable than Adv English. Personally, I don't really like english, but nothing should stop you from trying it out. By the way Shadowdude, since you're going to the UNSW Open Day, will your shadow look the same? So that I can recognise you.
I agree with the bolded sentiment.

Also, yes.

Charlotte00

HSC
I love Ext1 it's fantastic. If you love and are good at English, it shouldn't be too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)