Is my writing illegible? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

Can you read my writing? I'm scared that my writing is so messy that the HSC markers won't be able to read it. Would anyone mind looking at the attachment and tell me whether you can read it? Thanks in advance.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Well I read it and I have to say it was quite hard for me to comprehend... Perhaps trying to print in bold letters would be better? That is what I do now cause my hand writing is so messy when I try cursive.
By the way, writing like that would infuriate markers and cause them to less appreciate ur paper which could lead u to get lower marks. Very unfair! I wish I could type my papers on computer... I am such a fast typer.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah its quite hard to read and understand - they would have to sit and make out everyword and re-read what you wrote..

maybe u should print... very important that ur writing is readable becuase...
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
writing like that would infuriate markers and cause them to less appreciate ur paper which could lead u to get lower marks. Very unfair!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Try writing less words to a line, and leaving a space between each line..

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
It is readable, but try to work out some techniques to write more clearly to give the markers a break-for their sake, and for yours. You may get a lower mark, because it will seem more disjointed if the marker has to kep stopping and working out what the word it. Unfair, but true.

Mwah

In a word- YES.
Markers don't want to have to spend their time trying to distinguish what you have written. If they can't understand it, you don't get the marks, simple. Thats not to say that other markers wont give it a shot. Make it easy for them to read, and it will make it easy for them to give you marks.

Rahul

Dead Member
it is for your benefit to have a flow of ideas through the markers mind, which will be hard if they have to spend time on trying to figure out what the word is.

i have seen worse....

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
what you do is...
- write bigger
- scribble the 'normal words' like 'the'and 'and' etc
- pause for the longish, more unusual ones and half-print, half-write.
yeah.. markers hate messy writing =P they get fed up.

Matt200

My writing is about the same as yours and i have attempted to get a computer for the test, got rejected, and since have apealed 4 times without sucess. I swear the only way they will give you any consideration if your writing is the equivilent of this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is so shit because even if it is legible with a high degree of effort, the markers are going to be pissed of because of all the time they have spend interpreting it. I swear if i some how find out i lost marks because of my writing im going sue the board of studies and futhermore...actually better stop here in an effort to reduce the amount of evidence linking me to any mishaps accouring to those working at the bored of studies

:D

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Maybe you can try and write a little slower?
Sacrifice quantity for quality in your essays as a result?
Maybe that will improve your writing? :p

Matt200

Ive actually started doing that now

ive done practice essays, worked out the amount i can write at an appropriate degree of neatness, and started to shorten my essays

N

ND

Yeh but as it is i can only write like 1100 in 40mins, i don't wanna have to write any less.

What if my hand were too... uh.. break? Would i then be allowed a scribe?

edit: on second thought, that wouldn't work, i'd then be screwed for maths...

haz_it_all

Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

- scribble the 'normal words' like 'the'and 'and' etc
wise words :) and also dont use a felt tip pen cuz it smudges and makes ur writing look ugly :p try using maybe a blue 'bic' brand or even a 'pilot' pen if ur wealthy
good luck buddy :) we're all backin ya :) do us proud son :)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
thats not too bad actually... the exemplar response for AoS, Q3, Changing Perspective - Skryznecki was alot worse...

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
my writing is probably worse than that
and hence i have to write slow, which in turn leads me to writing bugger all in 40minutes, .'. less marks for me :(

if only i was allowed a typerwriter of somesort...

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I use a computer, hell my writing is heaps better than that... But i have a "medical condition", forgot what its called, so i can type...heheh typing is alright i guess.. im trying to get my typing up to 60wpm

But u make heaps of typos and glares to the examiners. Thats the only negative. ohhh and your hands are cold in the examination room ( i wear hobo gloves)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)