Is Tafe For The Dumb (1 Viewer)

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
TAFE teaches skills that uni doesn't, and these skills are still essential in society
plus its more personal...

oh and as for it being dumb...what do you class as dumb? i can't tell you how many dropkicks go to uni...or how many people who have 90 plus uai's that have no common sense...

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
TAFE is mainly for the dumb, from what I have seen and heard, most (not all) people who attend TAFE are the ones who wanted to go to Uni first but didn't make it therefore TAFE was their second option. Also I have seen how TAFE students do assignments, etc no where near as complex as Uni exams/assignments, they can qoute from every source (Wiki), not even reference and can bluge the whole semester but still pass (one of my best mates went to TAFE, passed by bluging all year). Like people actually dream of being builders, contrusction workers, IT help desk peoplke?!? they comprimise with the course since they didn't make it into Uni. My mate told me his class was full of dumb Asians, Lebs and Aussies and all of them passed even though they mucked around all year even threw stuff at the teacher, pu-lease, people at Uni are definetly more work orientated.
of course tafe isnt as complex as university but thats because tafe understands people have other committments and study isnt their life...most people in my class have children and part time jobs...i work too...i dont spend all my time on writing essays and crap...that doesnt necessarily teach you shit...

DTFM

HSC
of course tafe isnt as complex as university but thats because tafe understands people have other committments and study isnt their life...most people in my class have children and part time jobs...i work too...i dont spend all my time on writing essays and crap...that doesnt necessarily teach you shit...
univesity means people dun suck at communicating like tafe does ICEBURN

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
OlolololOloLoLololOllolOl funny how errrrrrrr, TAFE HSC students like errrr totally top'd Emglish in 07. Halolerrhahha dun

lliissaa31188

HSC
TAFE certainly isnt for the dumb, and does many different things to university - I did a screen course there, extremely hands on, taught by people who have worked extensively in the industry instead of being taught by uni lecturers - who are only there teaching because it means that they can get research money for whatever they are working on at the time.

Guaranteed, TAFE teachers will actually care about their students, and will not see them as something getting in the way of their research, as many university lecturers are. And after just one year of study, and $1000 for the qualification I did (instead of the $10,000 for a similar university degree) several of my classmates are working to higher and higher positions in jobs at TV stations, one is being trained to be a producer within the year, and another is a work from home editor who gets several jobs a year, getting several grand per job.

TAFE is also more about the skills instead of the qualification as well... you'll get into the industry quicker, and a few years experience will beat a uni degree in most industries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)