is teaching quality in Usyd that bad?? (1 Viewer)

seodh123

HSC
okay.
here is the gist.
having been struggling myself for a few days, pulling my hair, pinching my crotch, not knowing which uni I should go for Accounting course, I have simply decided to go to 'Good university guide' website to see the OFFICIAL difference between these two univ.

it turns out employment rate and starting salary doesnt have any significant difference (although UNSW was very SLIGHTLY higher than Usyd in both area the difference was TOO small to tell it was so freaking small like your nose wax in your right nostril)

BUT there was earth-shaking-difference-like-jesus-eye ball-pops-out-of-his-head difference.

the teaching quality, generic skill and graduate overall satisfaction was worse, average and worse, respectivly while UNSW was all 'better'

frankly speaking, I do want to go to Usyd for my commerce course as, according to database, employers are likely to consider both univ almost same plus I like their campus and school mark [I like the combination of red and yellow color, it's just phenomenall combination of art].

but if the teaching quality is that bad... well.. Idk...

My dear senior, I appeal you to share some of your experiences to this retard small dwarf future junior.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
its really really bad, seriously i don't recommend that you come here.
go to unsw instead.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
i went to unsw for a period
i nearly went an hero
awful place. longest year ever.

spence

HSC
okay.
Here is the gist.
Having been struggling myself for a few days, pulling my hair, pinching my crotch, not knowing which uni i should go for accounting course, i have simply decided to go to 'good university guide' website to see the official difference between these two univ.
wtf?

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Yeah it's really bad, don't go there it's bad.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to (taking it from) seodh123 again.

spiderpig333

first year B.A.
HSC
No.. Well I can't compare to NSW I'm new at Usyd but I really like most of my teachers... Some of them are sort of well known and really nice like Stillwell.. Though, actually some you can't understand well because they talk too fast but I'd say the content is good...

aussie-boy

HSC
Usyd has heaps of variety - the majority of accounting and economics lecturers are shithouse, but occasionally you get a really good one (often if the main lecturer is busy for a few weeks, they get a more senior member of the faculty which can be great)

I dont think UNSW would be any better; unfortunately a lot of low level academics are shit public speakers. IMO the best way to learn is directly from the textbook... takes way less time than going to a lecture as well

Decide your uni based on extra-curricular activities, your location etc.

UNSW is a bit more serious, at least in first year, with more work with higher difficulty

frankechanel

HSC
N/A
Stillwell is great!

However, he is in the faculty of arts--which is what USyd has its reputation for (as well as law).

as for business, I was sitting in a lecture the other day and someone had ingrained into the desk: 'the faculty of economics and business is an immigration scam'--enough said.

ben150891

HSC
i really dont think it matters where you go for teaching quality. you just have to be lucky to get a good teacher. i got to usyd i like all of my teachers except 1. it my statistics tutor, its a realy hard subject and all she does in the tutes is right the answers on the board and if we ask her how she did it she says i dont know thats what the answers say.

boganxcore

HSC
i think you should go to uws it has the best economics & business school in australia !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)