Is there a limit on how big your muscles grow? (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
Ok, now I need to buy a bench and a barbell

reel have this barbell set, 200 dollars, the barbell and 50kg of weight.

With the bench, do they come with racks? are they expensive?
Some benches come with racks, others don't. Ones with rack points aren't necessarily more expensive, you can pick them up pretty cheap.

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm about to do a write-up in the sticky thread about home gyms, including links to some of the cheapest equipment places in syd. stay tuned.

Btw Quik: Mum has 2kgs of bacon she needs me to eat in the next few days. You mad brah?

Shoom

HSC
N/A
My new routine involves training two muscles groups in one day, then a break the next day then they day after work the toher muscles

e.g

monday - triceps, chest, tuesday cardio wednesday - biceps back.

Is that better then what im doing now, will i get better results?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i dont think you'll get much growth if u dont do your whole body, ie legs too.

plus make sure you do compound exercises, do them first before doing the isolated ones.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Friday was meant to be shoulders and legs.

Ill post the full schedule tomorrow.

+ 40 crunches every night.

Venom.

HSC
*facepalm*. Dude if you want your muscles to grow, give them adequate time to rest (this means 48 hours MINIMUM). And yes, you could isolate your arms and work them to a lean mean 12", but by doing compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, power cleans etc), you'd get much bigger much quicker.

Leave isolation for later brother.

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
I only started doing chest stuff for a few days, my chest is sore, so I guess I have to wait a couple of days for them to heal.

First time I did stuff for the triceps, they were really sore the next day, now they dont hurt at all.

ok, so what are some exercises I can do with a barbell? I dont know where to get one, I dont have that much cash atm.
The soreness is called DOMS. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and it means you actually did something to your muscles. When you get DOMS it means that tiny muscle fibres were torn during your workout, and if I'm right, that means they grow back stronger and bigger? What I believe is that when you don't get DOMS, the whole workout you did the previous day meant nothing and was probably a waste of time.

In my opinion, dumbbells are better to use due to the more contractions and muscle components used. When using a barbell, you aren't using as many muscle components as you would dumbbell. For example, dumbbell bench press means that you need to steady the dumbbell before lifting and when you're really pushing them out and struggling, your stabilizers will start working.

In regards to the latter for using a barbell, off the top of my head. Bicep curl, reverse bicep curl, bicep curl preacher, skullcrushers, bent over row, bench press, military press, etc. You get the picture.

+ 40 crunches every night.
Is that it? Only 40? Do you only do crunches? There are tons more abdominal exercises than crunches and I think you are more than capable of doing super sets.

quik.

HSC
The soreness is called DOMS. Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness and it means you actually did something to your muscles. When you get DOMS it means that tiny muscle fibres were torn during your workout, and if I'm right, that means they grow back stronger and bigger? What I believe is that when you don't get DOMS, the whole workout you did the previous day meant nothing and was probably a waste of time.
This is wrong.

In my opinion, dumbbells are better to use due to the more contractions and muscle components used. When using a barbell, you aren't using as many muscle components as you would dumbbell. For example, dumbbell bench press means that you need to steady the dumbbell before lifting and when you're really pushing them out and struggling, your stabilizers will start working.
Dumbbells are a tool, just like barbell work. You can load muscles more via barbell work, for example. Dumbbells, barbells and machines are all tools that have their place.

Barbells and weight for them are also much more cost effective than dumbbells.

Is that it? Only 40? Do you only do crunches? There are tons more abdominal exercises than crunches and I think you are more than capable of doing super sets.
Most people do ab work wrong, engaging the hip flexors as the prime mover rather than the abdominals. There are many more COMPOUND exercises that will work your abs better than any girly situp or crunch.

Try deadlifting and squatting sometime, great for your abs.

Monstar

HSC
Whats your diet like? how many calories you eating? how much protein are you eating? what are you goals?

Also, you need to change your routine.. if you can't join a gym by a bench set...and then you need to learn to deadlift and squat.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Completely wrong. Depending what you train for, you can avoid DOMS and get the results you are after.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
MY NEW SCHEDULE.

Monday: 3 sets of chest press, 3 sets of dumbbell flys, 3 sets of tricep french press
Tuesday: 3 sets of Bicep hammer curls, 3 sets of Bicep curls, 3 sets of bent over rows, 3 sets of the thing for traps ( the one were you shrug your shoulders)
Wednesday: 3 sets of squats, 3 sets of upright rows, 3 sets of shoulder press.

Break on Thursday

Repeat cycle for Fri-Sun.

ANy improvements?

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
MY NEW SCHEDULE.

Monday: 3 sets of chest press, 3 sets of dumbbell flys, 3 sets of tricep french press
Tuesday: 3 sets of Bicep hammer curls, 3 sets of Bicep curls, 3 sets of bent over rows, 3 sets of the thing for traps ( the one were you shrug your shoulders)

Break on Thursday

ANy improvements?
It's pretty good, i think you need more exercises for the legs too. Like the leg press and such if you have access to a gym or this particular machine at home.

I noticed you took into account of back and biceps go together, and tricpes and chest :)good work.

dux&src

HSC
This schedule might be hard to stick to though, you have to be really determined and focused.

HSC
MY NEW SCHEDULE.

Break on Thursday

ANy improvements?
Better, but better than that would be:

Monday
Squat 3x5
Bench/overhead press 3x5 (alternate exercises)
Bent Row 3x5
*Weighted sit ups 4x15*

Tuesday
Squat 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Friday
Squat 3x5
Bent Row 3x5
*Lying tricep extensions 3x10*
*Bicep curl 3x10*

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
Don't tell me I'm wrong. I said "What I believe". Personal philosophy and hence, motivator to work harder and produce results.
I'll say it again, cos you seem a little stupid: you're wrong

Jaylee42003

HSC
Hi
I know there is a limit but what im asking is for a 17yo, who has been doing weights everynight ( 3 sets of 12 reps of bicep curls, bicep hammer curls, shoulder press, over row , chest press, tricep curl).

Is there a point were they wont grow, or as long as I do them every night they rip and grow.
You muscles will only grow so far until your skin burts open lol
nar idk
but I'm sure there is a limit
your skin is not THAT elastic. your body must have a way in which it regulates how big your muscles can grow...
idk, you could like try it out as an experiment. just don't sue me if you end up in hospital or something, k?

dux&src

HSC
You muscles will only grow so far until your skin burts open lol
nar idk
but I'm sure there is a limit
your skin is not THAT elastic. your body must have a way in which it regulates how big your muscles can grow...
idk, you could like try it out as an experiment. just don't sue me if you end up in hospital or something, k?
hey apparently there was a guy in youtube's own terms ' arms exploded' , some say it's true and some say not.
Might be worth youtubing, just sayin'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)