is there a particular order that i shuld do my pip in? (1 Viewer)

schamoozlers

HSC
i realise that it is prefered that u have done all ur research and methodologies b4 u begin writing but i wanna start writing my pip so i can get into it then do my research and methos as i go? does it really matter wat order i do it in?

lex123

HSC
it doesnt necessarily matter although what your pip is meant to reflect is your research as a whole...if you do it chapter by chapter thats fine but what u might need to end up doing is once you have finished is edit it and add things that you may have found out after you began typing....does that make sense? i did my PIP last year and i found it much easier having all my research done and thoroughly analysed before starting to write my PIP because that way i could look at my PIP as a whole and i knew where my PIP was heading, that way it also followed a logical discussion.

i dont even know if that made sense...lol

ps- do ur intro last...dont do it 1st... :)

winicat

HSC
again, past PIPer here ... we were told to crate our chapter headings early on so that when we found some info that related to that area we could easily just slip it in under that heading. One girl had a folder divided into each chapter and would print out her info (or whatever) and just slot it into the folder. I just wrote the shorthand version of the related chapter heading onto whatever the research was so i knew where it was.

Also, having chapter headings early on means you can work on different areas at different times, depending on what research you have at hand. It also means that you can instantly get an idea/thought straight where it belongs without just leaving it to the side to be lost forever.

There's no set rule for how to write the PIP. You just write it however feels comfortable for you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)