is there a point in studying for 2unit? (1 Viewer)

coroneos

how easy are the trials tho??? the 2003 CSSA is the easiest trial paper every.. srsly.. there isn't one question in there that makes u tink!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
that's mightily...I was going to say big headed, but what I meant was confident, of you to say. :uhhuh:

But yes, if you're doing both maths and ext 1 it's prob best to study them together, if you don't understand the 2 unit stuff there's no use going onto the 3 unit.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Indeed there is. Remember that there will be other 3u students doing the 2u course as well, and if you can get a good mark in it, surely they can too. Also important to remember is that 2u makes up 2/3 of your maths mark, so not studying for it would be just as naive (if not moreso) than me not studying for 3u.:)

G

Gavvvvvin

cherryblossom said:
that's mightily...I was going to say big headed, but what I meant was confident, of you to say. :uhhuh:
No, you were right the first time . . .

J

jhakka

It's important to study because you don't know just how hard they could make it.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
yea, u gotta study for it, at least noe how to perform basic 2u claculations and redo a few chapters from the textbook or at least a few questions. No point comin out after the exam going "But I didn't study that" -_-', it's over then.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
2u is 'easy', but still, no study will give you an easy 70 or 80
but to get in 95s you will need to study, and hard core. Because no matter how pro you are, you will always misread mistakes because the questions given are 'easy' so you miss out important stuff, whilst in a relatively harder question you will find that your so into it that you forget nothing :)

So never underestimate a test. NEVER, and its your trials anyway, you might as well study.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I ask you this: why settle for doing well when you can go better with practice?

G

Gavvvvvin

coroneos said:
95's aint hard, especially if u are in a top 10 selektive skool.
Yeah, I've heard those top 10 selektive skools are pretty good at English too.

Last edited by a moderator:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Yeah, I've heard those top 10 selektive skools are pretty good at English too.
lol.

Yeah shut up will you, go brag somewhere else.

Unrelated question, anyone know where I can find fatmuscle's notes on Ext 1?

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
god, coroneos, ud think u were da only 1 who goes 2 a selective skool. just take urself down a peg ok. might do u some good.
if u do 3U i dont see why u wouldnt study them 2gether...after all, if u cant do 2U u wont be able 2 do 3U. well, thats the theory, then again, i dont think iv ever gone as well on 2U as i do on 3U...wierd no? actually, is probably 2 do with fact that i find 2U exceptioanlly boring. not that 3U isnt, but meh.

grimreaper

HSC
silvermoon said:
god, coroneos, ud think u were da only 1 who goes 2 a selective skool. just take urself down a peg ok. might do u some good.
I agree... Half the threads in the maths\eco forums these days seem to be coroneos saying how good he is and how easy the subjects are... The fact is, the majority of people find them hard, and it makes you seem like an arrogant prick

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd also like to note that many people, me included, could have gone to a top 5 selective school but chose not to. What does this mean? It means that your own results determine how good you are, not those around you. So get over yourself and stop it with this arrogant "I'm better than you because my school is better than yours" bullshit, because in many cases its just not true.

I would also put it to you that the teaching and facilities at many private schools are better than those found in state selective schools, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Cherryblossom: fatmuscle.cjb.net

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
JamiL said:
how did every1 do in there exams 4 2u maths... i did realy well i got 112/120 which is 93.3% which im realy happy with.... if i get that in the hsc i think that will get me a 95-98.
And so you should be, that's a bloody good mark for accelerated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)