Is there anyone who never wears earphones/headphones? (1 Viewer)

mi misma

HSC
moi, i hate ear/head phones, its unnatural and unsocial and unhygenic and unhealthy. thats enough reasons to not use them

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I used to not use them, but then I started listening to music a little over a year ago (yes I only discovered it then).

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Be warned, do not put the volume on full blast on speakers ....

ShadowLighte

HSC
Nope, don't use head/ear phones. At home I really like my speakers (I use a computer and bought my speakers independently because computers ftw). My mum doesn't approve of walking around the streets with head/ear phones on because you can't hear the sounds around you and you're distracted etc. same with texting and walking and stuff but that's going off topic.

So yeah, completely normal though pretty much every other teenager wears them. Don't worry guys, soon they won't be able to hear us.

yasminee96

HSC
I can't stand people who use speakers on public transport. Like, I can hear your music through my earphones, why the fuck is it so loud?
Also, dislike people who wear earphones/headphones but the volume is so high they might as well use them as speakers.

guilty.

studybuddy101

HSC
I read a study once that said any headphone volume beyond the devices' 60% volume point is when you should be worried. Before that it will have minimal effect on your hearing which degrades naturally with age anyway. Wish i could find that study to show you though

deloving

HSC
moi, i hate ear/head phones, its unnatural and unsocial and unhygenic and unhealthy. thats enough reasons to not use them
How are they unnatural, unhygenic, and unhealthy? Unless you share your earphones, and never clean them, and listen to music at high voluemes - otherwise it's more than fine and nothing to worry about. And unsocial is a pretty big and generalised call.

deloving

HSC
I read a study once that said any headphone volume beyond the devices' 60% volume point is when you should be worried. Before that it will have minimal effect on your hearing which degrades naturally with age anyway. Wish i could find that study to show you though
Every device's volume is different. 60% is not accurate enough to make it safe.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I only put one piece in my ear and have the other ear open

So i can enjoy of both worlds

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
1. I never share my earphones, nor borrow from others.
2. I listen to music on very low volume, but when I do so, I can't hear anything outside, coz of the amazing sound isolation.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Ok guys so I need opinions: I hate listening on earphones but now I go for 1 hour walks and I feel guilty for not studying so should I record notes and play them while I walk? So my main question is: will my hearing be affected if I do this everyday for 1 hour? I really don't want to do this but I don't want to sacrifice any study time :( Thanks
dude, you don't need to worry. an hour is nothing compared to how long i have my earphones in. as long as it isn't too loud you'll be fine.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
i think i listen to music way too much :3 but its my life so.... :3
i listen to it on the bus and the bad thing is my bus is super loud so i have like post hardcore/ screamo/ rock music up quite loud so i can hear it... :|

deloving

HSC
i think i listen to music way too much :3 but its my life so.... :3
i listen to it on the bus and the bad thing is my bus is super loud so i have like post hardcore/ screamo/ rock music up quite loud so i can hear it... :|
That's Kellin Quinn from Sleepning with Sirens in your avatar, no?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont share because I dont want to get rabbies.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)