Is there anything bad in doing an odd number of units? Say like 9 or 11 units (1 Viewer)

HSC
people in my school have said it is much better to do like an even number of units... like say if u did 4 units maths, 2 unit english, 2 units economics, 2 units chemistry.....

like is there any disadvantage in doing an odd number of units?

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
No there are no disadvantages; and by the way the minimum units for Year 12 is 10 units.

MrDimple

HSC
lol 11 units is ok mate 9 units is if u do extension subjects i believe like 4 unit math, english adv or standard, bio and SOR who goto catholic or religious schools, btw your in year 10 you got ages away to worry.

amynicolemares

HSC
i'm doing 11 units and its not too much work but not too little either. I like having study periods at school as they ease the workload at home. I chose to do 11 because i think whats the point of doing more than you have to unless you need certain subjects as prerequisites for university... the year of the HSC is stressful enough.. why put yourself through it all...:D

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
I do all those subjects you mentioned :O

You don't get disadvantaged for doing an odd number of units; HSC only takes into account your top 10 units.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I do 12 units. The least I would do is 11, but that's only because I'm cautious by nature, and the workload isn't that different to 10. I'm just trying out German extension, and if I do badly in the half-yearlies, I can just drop it. I would never drop maths extension though.

ieatbarbies

HSC
^ same. I'm not man enough to do anything less as I'm not completely confident with all my courses. : (

kwabon

Banned
HSC
lol, if u do 11 units, God will smite u from above
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

nah i am kiddin, i am doin 11 units. nothing wrong in doing an odd number of units.:D

studentcheese

HSC
I'm gonna do 11 units in Year 12, if I pick up History Extension and Mathematics Extension 2. If you read the UAC scaling report, usually the kids who gain in excess of 90+ uai are those who do 12 units. 10 units is a little risky. 11 should be fine.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'm gonna do 11 units in Year 12, if I pick up History Extension and Mathematics Extension 2. If you read the UAC scaling report, usually the kids who gain in excess of 90+ uai are those who do 12 units. 10 units is a little risky. 11 should be fine.
That's only because kids who are "smart" like to challenge themselves and like to/are capable of doing more subjects. They might also prefer the safety net of having extra units.

Personally, i'm doing 12UAI units right now... dropped history extension because it wasn't worth spreading myself thin ==" Awesome course though.

amynicolemares

HSC
That's only because kids who are "smart" like to challenge themselves and like to/are capable of doing more subjects. They might also prefer the safety net of having extra units.

Personally, i'm doing 12UAI units right now... dropped history extension because it wasn't worth spreading myself thin ==" Awesome course though.

yeah i was doing 12 units then dropped hist extension so now am just doing 11 which i am completely fine with. am gonna focus on modern and 3U maths... i do all written subjects and don't have any more assignments due this term (only 7 half yearlys!) .hist extension was a great course but i just couldn't be bothered really. i would have liked to finish my major work on the titanic however... would have been interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)