is there still hope for me... (1 Viewer)

xieruyun

HSC
I got my prelim adv task 1 back and I did so bad.
Like my class average was 90+% and I got WAY below. Like ranking LOW in my class.

I understood all the questions and the only mistakes I made were silly calculation errors (I subbed in the wrong numbers), working out was too messy and for some questions my working out just wasn't enough, and I messed up on the brackets for interval notation. But that dragged my mark down by a lot cause the more errors I made became carry on errors and I got careless.

I reckon have got ABOVE THE AVERAGE if I had been a little more careful with my work.

But I also had a 3u test which was exponentially harder. I understand most concepts that we were taught but the questions seemed a bit abstract and it tripped me up a lot cause the past papers that we had never had questions that hard before. Anyways, I'm scared of getting my ext test back cause IK I probably failed it. (It was abt functions and some algebra btw).

Is there that much difference in 3u and 2u, I heard 3u scaled very well but I'm also scared that eventually I'd start doing even worse than I am now. So I'm contemplating whether I should just drop to 2u cause the adv classes are dumb (average was like 30-40%...) so I'm confident I could rank well compared to them. IDKKK should I drop or nah cause I feel like I'd end up with a low atar later on if I do.

But in topics such as trig, perms and coms, binomial expansion and integration I'm 100% sure that I'd end up struggling.

Also do ext people when they do adv do they get ranked with the advanced people or nah cause my class if full of 4u enthusiasts (like everyone wants to do 4u)...

Could anyone give me some advice ;( (im scared for term 2)

carrotsss

HSC
rankings are based on everyone at your school who does that subject not just your class, and 4u kids are excluded from adv rankings although they are still included in 3u rankings, and likewise 3u kids are still included in 2u rankings

whozathangin

HSC
I promise you that you will be fine!!! I had the same thing happen to a test of mine in maths last year and managed to turn it around thank goodness. If you're very sure you want to drop it go ahead for this term, otherwise see how you go until the end of the semester and go from there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)