Is there still hope? (1 Viewer)

h3lp

HSC
Hey! Can someone please humble me and be honest, whether achieving an atar 90-95+ is possible with my rank and mark. To preface, I go to a non-selective public school which just made top 150 in the state (NSW) last year.

Semester 1: subject - mark% - rank
English Standard - 90% - 6/103
Maths Advance - 60% - 74/91 .. womp womp :(
Math Extension 1 - 48% - 56/66
Biology - 70% - 22/72
Chemistry - 78% - 15/32
Food Technology - 99% - 1/6

Semester 1 is weighting 45% of internals. I put my marks into the atar calculator, lowering my expecting mark for food tech and the result do not look promising :/
Assume I do exceptionally well for task 3 and trials, how likely am I able to guarantee a 90+? What marks should I be aiming for in task 3 and trials?
Any advice helps or atar estimations, thanks :)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hey! Can someone please humble me and be honest, whether achieving an atar 90-95+ is possible with my rank and mark. To preface, I go to a non-selective public school which just made top 150 in the state (NSW) last year.

Biology - 70% - 22/72
Chemistry - 78% - 15/32

Semester 1 is weighting 45% of internals. I put my marks into the atar calculator, lowering my expecting mark for food tech and the result do not look promising :/
Assume I do exceptionally well for task 3 and trials, how likely am I able to guarantee a 90+? What marks should I be aiming for in task 3 and trials?
damn you rly cooked food

HSC

Biology - 70% - 22/72
Chemistry - 78% - 15/32

you got a looooooot of work to do for a 90+

Cherryy9

HSC
Hey there,
I think honestly with the marks and ranks you have now, it is still possible to get an atar above 90. However, it will take a lot of hard work and perseverance! I graduated last year with an atar above 95 and did food technology and biology. It is currently holidays, so if you are serious about getting above 90 (which you can!), take some time to go back and solidify your knowledge and make a plan for semester 2. I currently tutor both privately and at AOS, for English and Biology. However, if you want I have Band 6 Food Technology notes I can give you which I used during my HSC! Good luck 🤞

h3lp

HSC
Hey there,
I think honestly with the marks and ranks you have now, it is still possible to get an atar above 90. However, it will take a lot of hard work and perseverance! I graduated last year with an atar above 95 and did food technology and biology. It is currently holidays, so if you are serious about getting above 90 (which you can!), take some time to go back and solidify your knowledge and make a plan for semester 2. I currently tutor both privately and at AOS, for English and Biology. However, if you want I have Band 6 Food Technology notes I can give you which I used during my HSC! Good luck 🤞
Thanks Legend! You are motivating me to persevere, that's also very generous of you to share your notes. I'll pass on it cause my teacher bombards me with heaps already. Thank you again for your advice and help, it is much appreciated :):):)

C_master

HSC
Thanks Legend! You are motivating me to persevere, that's also very generous of you to share your notes. I'll pass on it cause my teacher bombards me with heaps already. Thank you again for your advice and help, it is much appreciated :):):)
why? its free notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)