Is this common??? (1 Viewer)

Krieg

HSC
Go to some eng/comm lectures, see if it interests you more. If it does transfer into one or both of those at end of the semester. If they don't interest you then I suppose taking a semester or year off would be the best suggestion. The only other thing is a lot of people don't enjoy their Law subjects a whole lot and I see them stick with it, I'm not sure how good a lawyer they turn out to be though.

I wouldn't stick with it for the money though (dunno if you're thinking about that or not)

doink

Clone
HSC
yeh go sit in a couple eng lectures and see how it is? you prolly won't understand much but it could help.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
everything gets boring when you study it in depth hardcore. fact of uni.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
do a B Wizadry @ Hogwarts. looks like a good course imo.

Erisus

December Member
HSC
pfft fuck that. Jedi temple FTW
Shat thing is though...I reckon the masters hold u back so much..that U dont get to fully experince the force...but yeah Corusant is a great campus IMHO and the lectures are great...

emoslitorist

HSC
Geeze. I kinda get you. I went for Medical Science, thinking, "oooh science." Now, I hate it. And think it's so boring. I want to transfer into business, because I snuck into my friend's business lectures a couple of times and I actually like it.

All I can say is go for what you know you are gonna be good at and enjoy at the same time.

Evilo

HSC
tbh it sounds really typical - you've probably chosen law on its popularity/wage/"percieved social status".

Welcome to reality

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Cookie182 said:
Going into week 3 of my law degree and already looking forward until the end of the term. My parents are shocked and embarrassed, but i just dont feel like im in the right spot. Got 97 UAI so im not an idiot and not finding it too hard, but i dont find it that interesting.

Ive never really known wat i wanted to do. I am interested in commerce hence im enrolled in comm/law, but this first year is straight law- 5 subjects per session. Im dying out for something with a graph, some numbers something other then reading. When it came to preferences i nilly went down the engineering/commerce line, and looking at my friends who have just started engineering the work looks really interesting. Ive only done 2U maths though, so transferring into engineering now having missed the first two weeks of maths lectures/tuts would be very hard as theyve already been through 3U stuff.

I got no idea wat to do- i thought i would love uni, but at the moment i feel trapped. And i got to make a decision quick- if im to stay in law, weve already got a tonne of assignments, court sittings etc to do and there is a very tight schedule to do everything, particularly if u include the weekly readings. However, how much will i hate it if i transfer to eng and its not wat i expect either.

So confused- do i stay in law (already bought 500 bucks worth of books), transfer to eng and see if i like it (the double eng/comm requires the whole first yr to be eng as well), just transfer to commerce for now or drop out altogether and just get my head together. By the way i didnt have a break over the summer, since the HSC i practically worked the whole time. So im definately feeling lik i just go from one stressful situation to another

HELP!
Dont stress about it. I was like that last year so i decided to go part time the 1st semester and see how it goes. It was better doing part time and then i picked up full time next semester and i was way more motivated and my marks even improved lol.

With engineering its not as good as it seems. I took a week of elec engineerin cause i transferred to it, but i didnt like it at all, so i decided to continue with Info tech. But if u want to do engineering its ur choice, i heard that non-electrical engineerin degrees arent so bad.

Evilo

HSC
jackmurray1989 said:
^^^ Job opportunities.
yeah sure mate, with the million other students doing the exact same course.

Have a guess why hecs/uai etc are so high for these courses....

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
yeah sure mate, with the million other students doing the exact same course.

Have a guess why hecs/uai etc are so high for these courses....
Yes, do Info tech or engineerin cause they have a skill shortage, but i could still be jobless never know lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)