Is this too much of a risk? (1 Viewer)

tRiXsTa

HSC
hey everyone!!
Just wondering if anyone can help me....
Would i be risking my mark by including biblical verses, quotes or references within my short story/stories? (not too clear on what i wanna do yet)...... I'd oviously try to do it as subjective as possible....but i dont know whether i'd be risking my marks by putting this sort of thing in if theres going to be markers completely against the bible etc
I'd appreciate any comments on this as i cant ask my teacher cause were on holidays and our proposal is due early feb with 2000 words of our supposedly progressing story....

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
um as long as its not just filler and it actually moves the story along I cant see a prob

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Well speaking from experience it shouldnt be a problem, I had a section of my work titled "Religion" which had one poem explicitely about the crusifixion of Jesus Christ with direct quotes from the bible, the other poem was from the perspective of God or a nameless omnipotent creator reflecting on his creation. It should be fine, as long as it furthers your work rather than just being there for the hell of it, but the same goes with including any quotes.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
The markers will put you on a pedestal and praise you for being "intertextual". They love anything vaguely postmodern. It is perfectly fine to include biblical verses.

tRiXsTa

HSC
Thanks for the replies guys!! i was hoping for that sort of feedback!! i think i'll still be a bit careful though!!

Is anyone else thinking of putting anything in their story/ies that they think might be a bit risky?

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i'm making reference to many new "postmodern" artworks...
are we allowed to include artworks ? like.. beginning of each chapter? or would that be.... erm.. yeh lol ._." ( maybe just @ the beginning.. )

tRiXsTa

HSC
i dont know....cause i was thinking of doing a similar thing with verses from the bible, biblical quotes or biblical annecdotes....so yeah..... are we allowed to do this?

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
well if we're not I'm stuffed.
thank god my teacher is coming back, we got stuck with a subbie that wouldn't know...yeah I'll be nice.

tim05

HSC
My whole major work is a risk in that it goes far beyond just the words.

I am risking all my marks in creating my own typefaces, adjusting character orientation, letter kerning, character spacing, and character position in terms of the height above or below the line (all for subconcious effect).

As well as this writing in a style that has 50% of my first draft appearing as interior monologue, 2 non-linear plot lines.

Fluid descriptions of the unconcious within the telling of the narrative and then I am exploiting and manipulating the reader via the physical presentation of the short story to show how meaning is all constructed.

Also I am not sure about the rest of you... but the creation of nouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs etc. to me seems to be something risky?

Oh well... I do not care what mark I get, as I know I am more suited to creating compositions of over 30000 words (at least).

X

xeuyrawp

tim05 said:
Oh well... I do not care what mark I get, as I know I am more suited to creating compositions of over 30000 words (at least).
well what a waste of time being at school then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)