Is Tupac the best musician to ever live? (1 Viewer)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I think when it comes to lyrical wordplay Tupac wasn't the best out there, and it'd be a major discredit to those who were more talented in this area to claim he was.

He was however, extremely talented in addressing issues which at least with me, are something I can relate to. The flavor present in his songs is undeniably addictive, and his overall flow is in my opinion, simply electric.

While I certainly appreciate humor and lyrical word play among an array of other talents other rappers have brought forth, I personally favor rap that has some sort of relation to me. There's something about Tupac's songs that manages to speak to me.

I think before people can make a valid judgment on the best rapper of all time, they need to be familiar with the REAL artists out there (such as Big-L, Biggie, Nas, Raekwon, KRS-One, Red Man and a whole other bunch of other guys I'm too tired to remember) and not the main stream idiots that have ruined rap today.

It all comes down to personal preference in my opinion.

Last edited:
HSC
The Tupac and Biggie debate will never end, I agree its down the personal preference, because lets face it, they were so talented in every aspect of rap.

11kloseboy

HSC
N/A
Tupac is a legend maybe because he was one of a kind. He had his own ways of doing things. he is a good rapper but i prefer the new mainstream rappers such as Eminem, The Game,Flo Rida, T-Pain.

MTP

HSC
11kloseboy said:
Tupac is a legend maybe because he was one of a kind. He had his own ways of doing things. he is a good rapper but i prefer the new mainstream rappers such as Eminem, The Game,Flo Rida, T-Pain.
You better be joking.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
11kloseboy said:
do u like Crank That SOulja Boy Souljaboytellem.com

masterchief111

HSC
Is Tupac the best musician to ever live?

definitely. best poet too. can't think of anyone that comes close.

MTP

HSC
masterchief111 said:
Is Tupac the best musician to ever live?

definitely. best poet too. can't think of anyone that comes close.
:jaw:woow, i can definitely name a hand full that are lyrically better. But hey,it's your opinion.

D-Soul

HSC
haha great a hip hop thread, anyway

Tupac, great musician, not the greatest lyrically, but the dude had raw energy and he best delivery in hip hop till date. NOt the greatest overall though, for all you hip hop heads n even if your not

you need to check out more underground Mcs, such as

Custom Made
Canibus
Immortal Technique
AZ
check out L - Fresh aswell, www.l-fresh.com dope mc from Sydney haha

even dig into the classics like Nas, Wu Tang, Bone Thugs n Harmony, Run DMC, KRS-one, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Outkast.... just to state few, get into the true feel of hip hop, for the love of music,1love

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
11kloseboy said:
wow you really know nothing about music dont you?

sthcross.dude

HSC
D-Soul said:
haha great a hip hop thread, anyway

Tupac, great musician, not the greatest lyrically, but the dude had raw energy and he best delivery in hip hop till date. NOt the greatest overall though, for all you hip hop heads n even if your not

you need to check out more underground Mcs, such as

Custom Made
Canibus
Immortal Technique
AZ
check out L - Fresh aswell, www.l-fresh.com dope mc from Sydney haha

even dig into the classics like Nas, Wu Tang, Bone Thugs n Harmony, Run DMC, KRS-one, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Outkast.... just to state few, get into the true feel of hip hop, for the love of music,1love

*claps*

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
icraig88 said:
he is overrated though. you look at people like rakim, big daddy kane, ll cool j, kool g rap, beastie boys, epmd, masta ace, slick rick, run dmc, boogie down productions. they been putting shit waayyyy before he even came on the same. they're lyrical content shits all over pac. it was artists like these who made hip hop fun and not all for the money. they weren't about the money, they did it for the love and passion of hip hop. it's a culture, not a business. pac brought hate and anger into the scene and i found alot of his tracks quite demeaning and contoversial.
qft.

Anyway it annoys when people come in on their high horses and cut other people down for liking 'mainstream' artists. Like all of sudden, since there making money they are sellouts, and there is no integrity in their music. 50 Cent, the game etc all make good music and i couldn't give a fuck who they have beef with, who their record label is or if their music makes the billboard top100. As long as you make good music, i will listen to you.

Although fighting over who is the best is fruitless exercise, for me, eminem and nas always hit the spot.

Skater_bum

HSC
WannaBang? said:
Honestly, his songs have helped to get me up, to get me motivated and to actually be successful in life. Anybody else share my view?

"I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing, through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, keep your chest out, keep your head up and handle it." - Tupac Shakur.

And it has been stated that Tupac may actually be a better poet than Shakespeare. I totally agree.
musican /........ rhymer

MTP

HSC
Sadly, pac is idolised as a rap god by stupid and ignorant, gangsta wanabe youths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)