ISIS - Are we doing enough? (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
I believe there is a limit of commitment that we should have in fighting against ISIS. At the moment we are bordering the limit as the priority should only be to "maintain peace". This should not be a full on commitment as we should be dedicating our funds, time and resources to more beneficial causes.

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
says the fucking year 10 kiddie. come back to me when you actually got a fucking degree in the field.

hurr durr 'i know more about ir than you' but never heard of R2P. top kek.

there are MAJOR MAJOR economic and political advantages of getting involved against ISIS. Why the fuck do you think every major power is getting their dick wet in the region?
Relax. This is about individual input not criticism.

Kolmias

HSC
says the fucking year 10 kiddie. come back to me when you actually got a fucking degree in the field.

hurr durr 'i know more about ir than you' but never heard of R2P. top kek.

there are MAJOR MAJOR economic and political advantages of getting involved against ISIS. Why the fuck do you think every major power is getting their dick wet in the region?
Year 9 actually. :tongue:

I fail to see any political or economic advantages in joining in the fight against ISIS as I am extremely wary that this will turn into the waste of time, money and manpower which was Afghanistan.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad

I fail to see any political or economic advantages in joining in the fight against ISIS as I am extremely wary that this will turn into the waste of time, money and manpower which was Afghanistan.
blah blah pipeline through syria, petrodolla blah blah
blah blah middle east influence russia/us blah blah
blah blah sunni vs shia etc saudi iran etc
blah blah please do more research before spouting bullshit in an Scandinavian Boating Enthusiasts Forum blah blah

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
blah blah pipeline through syria, petrodolla blah blah
blah blah middle east influence russia/us blah blah
blah blah sunni vs shia etc saudi iran etc
blah blah please do more research before spouting bullshit in an Scandinavian Boating Enthusiasts Forum blah blah
naw kolmia's is smarter than all those intel duders and govt heads who make decisions. yeah you should give the PM a ring, he'd appreciate your advice.

edit: ps, ISIS is already crumbling. their ex-baathist/saddam loyalist leadership (real leadership) is already falling apart. no more command infrastructure, no more army.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
there will be no peace in the middle east until the last saud has been hanged, drawn and quartered

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
those shitty turks and saudis mad their proxies are getting buttfucked by assad

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
those shitty turks and saudis mad their proxies are getting buttfucked by assad
hahaha... Saudi Arabia can't even get Yemen right... everything they touch seems to turn to shit...

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
My favourite part is western media making the gains by Assad and Russian bombings so negative, all of a sudden civilian casualties matter, but hey let's forget when American directly targeted a hospital

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
If it weren't for the US and Western intervention, espionage, weapons supply, training and funding we wouldn't have seen anything we are seeing today in countries like Iraq, Syria, Libya and the list goes on.
Not necessarily. The conflict between the two groups of Islam in that part of the world is a known long historical fight. Yes, the west hasn't helped the situation either.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Its isn't really like that. Majority of Assad's army and supporters are Sunni, whereas Assad himself isn't Sunni but a Secular Alawite. Assad doesn't fit into the West's plans for the Middle East, that's why they want him out and have done everything they can but failed. So much resources and training has gone into those 'moderate' rebels (how moderate??) couldn't take down Assad.

In all of Islamic history there has never been an all out war between Shia and Sunni (aside from the Martyrdom of Hussein, even then Sunni and Shia were not official sects at the time) and people advocating so are doing so for political gains or to promote propaganda against Muslims.
Although I do think it is very simplistic, to say well it is all due to the West. the West's involvement in Iraq was done poorly, and the biggest mistake was dissolving the iraqi army for instance.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

Well I can tell you one thing, Russia would certainly be fucked if IS is able to get a proper foothold in the region... This isn't just about the Mediterranean fleet and oil... If they (IS) are able to get a proper hold of the region, you will have a Sunni block that stretches from the southern Caucasus all the way to Yemen... That spells very, very bad news for Russia and its control over Chechnya, Abkhazia and Dagestan... In short, Russia could lose a bulk of the south which would fall into Sunni hands... There's a whole host of other reasons that it is beneficial for Russian involvement...

As for the West, well, Russophobia, fear of a imperialistic Iran, holding on to the hope that Turkey is a bone fide NATO member, protecting the status quo with the Saudis (ensuring the Saudi monarchy is in tact, because it is relatively benevolent to US and Israeli interests), etc are just some of the reasons that bring logic to much of what they are doing in the region at this moment of time...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)