Islam Biothics (1 Viewer)

becmarco4

HSC
I have an essay question asking me to 'describe and explain Islamic ethical teachings on bioethics for Abortion and Euthanasia.'

It also asks me to be aware of how differing expression of Islam interpret foundational sources.
I have no idea what they mean by this or how to tackle the question and what to put in my answer.

Can someone please give me some points?

Drsoccerball

HSC
I have an essay question asking me to 'describe and explain Islamic ethical teachings on bioethics for Abortion and Euthanasia.'

It also asks me to be aware of how differing expression of Islam interpret foundational sources.
I have no idea what they mean by this or how to tackle the question and what to put in my answer.

I think it is referring to the so called "sects" of Islam and how each interpret a verse. My friend gives school talks on bioethics but I myself am not to knowledgeable enough to provide positive help to you. Would you have any questions you'd like me to ask him?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

You look at the different schools of thought e.g. Sunni or Shia etc, intepret different religious texts, including the Quran and Haddiths.
I am not familiar with the position so I cannot help you any further.
Effectively what DrSoccerball said is almost the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)