ISP Questions (1 Viewer)

LostAuzzie

HSC
I have narrowed down my ideas for ISP questions to a list of 5.
My teacher told me that all of them would be alright to do, but I cant decide on which. :(
These are my ideas:
1. How does the media affect people’s views on a particular religion?
2. How much of what the media says about certain religions is fact?
3. What similarities exist between scientific theories and religious beliefs?
4. How have historical events shaped what people believe about certain religions?
5. What are the beliefs held by Indigenous Australians in relation to interaction with nature and the environment?
Could someone give me an idea on which one might be the best one to research?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
LostAuzzie said:
I have narrowed down my ideas for ISP questions to a list of 5.
My teacher told me that all of them would be alright to do, but I cant decide on which. :(
These are my ideas:
1. How does the media affect people’s views on a particular religion?
2. How much of what the media says about certain religions is fact?
3. What similarities exist between scientific theories and religious beliefs?
4. How have historical events shaped what people believe about certain religions?
5. What are the beliefs held by Indigenous Australians in relation to interaction with nature and the environment?
Could someone give me an idea on which one might be the best one to research?
Welcome to the forums!!

OK...In my opinion..

#1- way too broad
#2- way too subjective .: hard to research and justify
#3-interesting but what topic area does it fit into? Plus it really is just a comparrison so depending on the marking criteria, it *could*score badly
#4- Again, what area/topic+ what historical events are you going to pick? and what people? ie too broad
#5 would be the one I would be picking as you have identified a topic area+ what you have written is a very do-able question (as opposed to your others which were broad statements..I realise that they probably werent your final question/s but you know what I mean)...
Just be aware of the many differences between Aboriginal tribal groups (as you will hopefully learn).
What happens in one area may be completely different to another area 5 km's away .: show some knowledge of the tribal differences in your responses

(and yes, I realise tribal is the wrong area but its Saturday and I cant think atm) :)

Hope this helps and remember, it is "in my opinion" only...dont let me influence you!

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC
Thanks.
It was a toss up between #1 (where I was going to look at Islam in relation to terrorism) or #5 (Which I was leaning more towards as it fits in with the 1st topic of the religion HSC course and I could get ideas from the work we do)
I hope to have made a decision between one of those by the end of this week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)