• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IT Exam (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I had my half yearly IT exam and it was so easy! I swear IT is the best subject...
anyone else got some thoughts on their IT exams???????

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well my school didn't have an IT half yearly (so HSC trial paper is worth 100%), but I have to agree if you listen in class, read your notes and have a good knowledge of computers then IT just comes naturally.

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
They are not meant to be hard. They are designed so that people who are not familiar with computers can pass the course and get a decent mark as well. Thats why its a BDC Category B course.

In saying that, it doesnt mean that just because you know a lot about computers you can slack off. You still need to pay attention and work through all the required work.

That is really strange that you didnt have a half yearly exam, but some sort of assessment must be done at the school Im pretty sure thats a BOS rule that 50% of the assessment is based on your school-based assessment. (I think so anyway, Im not sure how the system works anymore..way too confusing for me)

Later gator,

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
busterblues said:
They are not meant to be hard. They are designed so that people who are not familiar with computers can pass the course and get a decent mark as well. Thats why its a BDC Category B course.

In saying that, it doesnt mean that just because you know a lot about computers you can slack off. You still need to pay attention and work through all the required work.

That is really strange that you didnt have a half yearly exam, but some sort of assessment must be done at the school Im pretty sure thats a BOS rule that 50% of the assessment is based on your school-based assessment. (I think so anyway, Im not sure how the system works anymore..way too confusing for me)

Later gator,

For IT (and probably most VET courses) you don't have an assessment mark, just the HSC exam counts. However, the teacher is required to send in an estimated mark for your exam (usually based on your trial) that is sent in to the Board of Studies incase of misadventure etc and you can't do the exam.

And heres a random comment to whoever: I get to do the IT HSC exam before anyone else because I have a timetable clash. lol...im unique:)

sinist4

HSC
hey guys
just wanted to clear something up, theres not internal assessment mark submitted for I.T in the hsc right. So only the actual hsc exam only counts towards your uai?
(assumming that your complete all your compentensies)

^ what do you mean you get to do it earlier ?, is it the same test? =P

thanks...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
sinist4 said:
hey guys
just wanted to clear something up, theres not internal assessment mark submitted for I.T in the hsc right. So only the actual hsc exam only counts towards your uai?
(assumming that your complete all your compentensies)

^ what do you mean you get to do it earlier ?, is it the same test? =P

thanks...
yeah i do the same exam but I do it a few hours earlier because I am like the only person in the state who does Info Tech and history extension so i have a timetable clash on november 7th or watever. because of this i have to stay with an exam supervisor and not allowed to talk to anyone until the rest of the state has completed the exam...not fun

(and the teacher does send in an estimate mark to the board of studies but it is NOT an assessment mark nor does it go towars anything. Its a mark that they use instead of your actual HSC exam mark if you are unable to attend the exam for some weird reason...so if you do the exam that mark has no purpose)

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
YAY...i got my IT exam result...i got 99%!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooo! I'm so happy....my teacher said that he used a Catholic School Trial paper for our semester exam and that it was generally harder than the HSC papers. (The second highest mark was 82-84% or something and the average was 70%)

sinist4

HSC
ari89 said:
YAY...i got my IT exam result...i got 99%!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooo! I'm so happy....my teacher said that he used a Catholic School Trial paper for our semester exam and that it was generally harder than the HSC papers. (The second highest mark was 82-84% or something and the average was 70%)

hey, great marks lol
if onli i could get that good ...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
sinist4 said:
hey, great marks lol
if onli i could get that good ...
you probably could especially if you know your 'key terms and concepts'

JTN

HSC
wow, nice results

no one in our class cared about the half yearly because it does count for anything, but i still managed to get 90% with 1 hour study just before the exam :), the essay questions where the real killer!
Most of the test was common sense or basic questions, i think the teacher made it from the past hsc and the CSSA past papers, he said something like that, no-one listens anyway, everyone plays CS or searchs on ebay. :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)