Iz the TPG internet service(50 bux 4 50 gigz) a good offer? (1 Viewer)

abduljaved

HSC
i need new internet

waz jus wondering if that TPG internet iz good

does any1 use it?? how iz it??

positivez and negative??

Lebosouljah

HSC
N/A
yeh its not too bad xcept from time to time it fuks up other den dat it was voted best value for money internet , yallah get it already ooofft

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i need new internet

waz jus wondering if that TPG internet iz good

does any1 use it?? how iz it??

positivez and negative??
pLz doNt tLk lyK dis. It iz vurry annoying. pPl wh0 tlk lyk thiz zhould n0t have da net.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
pLz doNt tLk lyK dis. It iz vurry annoying. pPl wh0 tlk lyk thiz zhould n0t have da net.
Lol.

It is a good deal, a freind has the same deal and he said he cant get an extra 50GB more for $10

x3wayneZ

HSC
yes it is, i got tpg and its the best around my area but dont forget the 50$ plan is 25GB on peak and 25GB off peak. Atleast you dont have to worry that your pay more then 50$.

also for tpg it depends on where you live, the close to the tpg tpwer or w/e the faster it is.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
^ lol fail.
Quality of connection depends on your line quality, distance from closest exchange and router.
But yeah it's a rly good offer, I had it for ages until we upgraded to the 70gigs one.

undalay

HSC
I think (not sure) the offer is over? I think it's 50 gigs for $60 now. Someone want to correct me.

Stoogey

HSC
Nope, the offer is still 50gb for $50. I am using it now, have had it for about a month and a half and its working great for me.

Im about 3.1km from my exchange, ADSL2exchanges said i would get an estimated 2000, but after installation and setup, my speed is around 3500, so im really happy, and havnt had any problems so far, especially when i need it to do my work or research...and play cod4 :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
^ lol fail.
Quality of connection depends on your line quality, distance from closest exchange and router.
But yeah it's a rly good offer, I had it for ages until we upgraded to the 70gigs one.

And if numbnuts are digging randomly into the ground.

Stupid council workers.

HSC
Compared to exetel, this is my view on it;
With exetel i was on 512, with tpg im on adsl2+. I was happy with the speed i was getting with exetel for 512, however i wanted more speed so i changed to tpg with this 'great' offer. However, im nowhere near the recommended speed they told me i would be getting (i download at a max of 800-1mb max), and i live 950m from the exhcange point. I don't know why this may be because i have done an isolation test and changed filters and stuff but the problem still hasnt resolved.
The emial service wiht exetel was better. TPG prevents me from registering on some sites by blocking me from getting their confirmation email. Also, the usage meter was better at exetel than at tpg. it would tell me what my usage was like within an hour, hwoever at tpg it takes a day sometimes for it to tell me my usage.

The only + out of TPG was that it was cheaper, but once my contract expires, ill be moving back to exetel or another isp.

aussie-boy

HSC
I've got the 50GB plan as well

Its been fine for me; it drops out occasionally - but I'm pretty sure that's to do with shitty wiring from the street to my phone jack, and a temperamental wireless router

I've heard that the tech support is bad; however I only ever rang once (to get the numbers to set it all up)... but its a no frills service, so I wouldn't expect good support anyway

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
tpg is alrite imo, cheap considering the gigs you get, but i had better speeds on iinet,,,

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I have TPG and it very rarely drop out (When it does I f*cking rage).
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter who you're with, the download speed will always be the same for you (in accordance to the plan) because all the infrastructure is shared (and owned by Telstra).

Oh and I do believe TPG has shaping for torrents during certain off peak hours.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)