Jail... If you don't send kids to school (1 Viewer)

Gay Captain

HSC
Zrap said:
It would fuck up single mothers hardcore if they got fined, similar to the
unemployed and the lower class population. Maybe fine is just as effective.
poor people should be fined for the lulz

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE EATING CAT FOOD THIS WEEK BOYS

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
7-8000? what are you crazy? that is totally unaffordable for even middle class australia, and you will mind most people not sending their kids to school are on centrelink anyway so theres no way in hell they could afford that.

Gay Captain

HSC
Serius said:
7-8000? what are you crazy? that is totally unaffordable for even middle class australia, and you will mind most people not sending their kids to school are on centrelink anyway so theres no way in hell they could afford that.
hence the lulz

HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
I don't want to drive the speed limit, but I have to, because it's the law.
Ahh just reread my post, and realised I didn't quite get across what I meant to say.
What I meant was (in response to P_Dilemma) that you can't make all kids want to go to school, it doesn't quite work that way.

Parents who actually refuse to enrol their kids in school or neglect their children are at fault. But there are cases in which the child just doesn't want to go, and it's not necessarily the fault of a bad home life or gross negligence by the parent.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
It is clearly a last resort.

What Magistrate is going to impose a custodial sentence on the parents of a habitual truant, when there is a reluctance to do so even with much more serious offenders?

Yes, it provides an option, however I doubt I'll see it used in my lifetime.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
If it is a first resort, wouldn't that get the message
out more effectively then that of a last resort?

xJennax

HSC
Jail seems a bit harsh but providing your kid with an education is important.

G

Gavvvvvin

michael1990 said:
Good. Its about time the Government made some changes to the education system. Why wouldn't you want your children going to school anyway?
Because maybe not everyone wants to live the way you do.

ccc123

HSC
jasonml said:
You guys do realise that this is an uberly-sensationalistic topic. Its been blown up humungously beyond what it is; its always been illegal to not send children to school, and penalties have always been there. The jail sentences are only there for parents who are doing extreem neglence, like taking drugs, not feeding their children, abusing their children, leaving their children to fend for themselves, etc. on top of not sending them to school.

Its not like we're suddenly about to have this massive flooding of australian jails of middle-aged highschool parents who's kids jigged maths last period on a friday.

geeze.

This made me lol.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
-WaxingLyrical- said:
And how do you propose that we make all kids want to go to school?
You can't change the free will of an entire population.
Making it more fun and relevant? A lot of people seem to be under the delusion that anything educational is automatically boring... how are people supposed to learn to live?

p__D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)