James Cook uni UnderGrad Medicine (1 Viewer)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
right, so if im not a rural kid, then i shouldnt bother applying?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Did I want to live in Perth? Did ANYONE here doing med want to leave Sydney? Hell no!

But that's not the point. Pretty much everyone who is serious about med shouldn't care about where they go, but what they do. I grant that there are exceptions on compassionate grounds (disadvantaged family etc) but for the able, leaving home should not be a concern.

As for whether you should apply, it's up to you to calculate your chances. If you think you have a good shot at convincing them you are into rural, tropical and indigenous health then go ahead. Keep in mind that if you can't convince yourself, then you're definitely not going to convince them.

Good luck.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
far enough. As lexi said, leaving home isn't a problem. We're not disadvantaged by any means, and where ever i go isnt really an issue. But yea, i might have to work on that rural/tropical and indigenous stuff.

Thanks guys

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Er Lexi. Queenie lives in sydney. I was alluding to the fact that you're going to get an offer at a uni other than JCU before you get an offer JCU, as it relies on the questionairre(all that rural stuff) and OP so heavily.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ummm not realli.. I kno a guy with late offers to another uni... but got JCU 1st..
he was from townsville.. but didnt want to goto JCU.. ... he had his own reasons..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)