James Ruse / SGS / NSBHS (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm assuming SGS is sydney grammar? :\

If you're going to school for the academics then you would probably want to go to north sydney
However if you want a better rounded school life i.e. academics, sport, cocurriculars, facilities, etc then go to sydney grammar

However you also have to think about the cost of sydney grammar, as it's one of sydneys top private schools, and will definitely impact someones decision in choosing schools

Last edited:

nifkeh

HSC
ruse seems involved in school life (from my perspective they have a lot of student organised activities for the rest of the school) and people aren't too competitive. From what I see as an outsider, there's a lot of communication to people who aren't necessarily your good friends so it seems like an open community with no well defined cliques/selfishness going on

NSB is definitely a good school for academics, its atmosphere is relaxed in the sense that you as a class cooperate together to study rather than you go study independently and keep your notes to yourself and just fight for ranks. I'm sure NSB do have a good student organisation of activities and probably sports, but I'm not too sure as I'm not a boy to begin with lol.

sydney grammar is good for sports and generally all around areas, but yes there is a high cost involved. tbh I think going to NSB or ruse might be more interesting than sydney grammar if you're looking for a great academic environment, not necessarily caring too much about sports or other private school based activities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)