James Ruse (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkrishanthy

HSC
ahh ! omg RUSE IS AWSUM ! =)
i changed half way thru term 1 07 from nsg n i think its great.. i guess ur ego jst dies alot buh afta a wile u realise that in the long run changin was proli for the betta.
i guess the ppl ther r jst really supportive :)

HSC
Slidey said:
No, that statistic is correct, for any given year, the median UAI is typically about 99.00. For 2005 it was 99.20. Yes, that means half of Ruse got above or equal to 99.20. It's a very skewed bell curve, which makes sense given it's selective nature. In 2004 the median was 99.55.

Ruse graduates often only get 80's and 90's but I have never heard of 60's and 70's and imagine they are once in a blue moon. But yeah, going to Ruse doesn't guarantee a UAI above 90.
wow. nice stats. the average uai at ruse is high cos the school sorta cuts people who might drag it down. there were quite a few people in my grade who weren't allowed to do 3u maths. and you have to be within the top whatever percentage to be allowed to study 4u.

@mzduxx2006: why does ruse suck?

PaulFrankkie

HSC
tkrishanthy said:
ahh ! omg RUSE IS AWSUM ! =)
i changed half way thru term 1 07 from nsg n i think its great.. i guess ur ego jst dies alot buh afta a wile u realise that in the long run changin was proli for the betta.
i guess the ppl ther r jst really supportive :)
mishmashmosh said:
wow. nice stats. the average uai at ruse is high cos the school sorta cuts people who might drag it down. there were quite a few people in my grade who weren't allowed to do 3u maths. and you have to be within the top whatever percentage to be allowed to study 4u.

@mzduxx2006: why does ruse suck?
hahaha. wow. familiar faces.

well ruse average uai is high. but then again. it's not guarenteed and you have to put the work in. yeah just repeating what people said. :)

Who realy cares

HSC
N/A
Lets get one thing straight. James Ruse is a selective high school but this does not indicate that ALL students will succeed in the usual manner. I attended Ruse but, by the standards you are all using and also the standards used by the Department of Education, was not successful. This does not mean that some students who managed to enter Ruse failed (even though they did not receive high enter scores or even dropped out before year 12). What it does mean is that not all students learn in the same regulated manner. I was a JR failure, dropped out in 5th form (Year 11) but have ended up with a PhD. This actually says little about the individual but a lot about societies perception of what a 'bright' or 'gifted' student is. For those who feel that the system has let them down all I can say is be true to yourself, be considerate of others and, as that hypercritical corporate body exclaims, just do it!

iNerd

Banned
HSC
is it true
come round the time when you guys tell your marks to others you just say

like the numbers
you don't even bother with 99. <b>85</b>
cause you can't be bothered?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
is it true
come round the time when you guys tell your marks to others you just say

like the numbers
you don't even bother with 99. <b>85</b>
cause you can't be bothered?
No. JR isn't that fucking geeky. Year 7s are pushing it though.

dp624

HSC
actually, some people say POINT 85 or whatever
just to be tactful

iNerd

Banned
HSC
serious?

swear those rumours have been spreading around my school for a while now
and every one thinks ruse is some snobby egoist school

dp624

HSC
serious?

swear those rumours have been spreading around my school for a while now
and every one thinks ruse is some snobby egoist school
lol bro
rumours are rumours

duckcowhybrid

HSC
That is true. Ruse isn't that mystical castle in the sky filled with arrogant asian geeks and live in a high intensity pressure cooker environment. It's just not the dream place Asian parents want to send their child to. I remember telling some Year 7 parents that there would be fitness testing and they laughed at me. FITNESS TESTING, NOOO NOO NOT IN THE JAMES RUSE NOOO. I laughed my ass off when their kids got put into remedial fitness.

iNerd

Banned
HSC
no. I always imagined ruse as more of a country place where all the Asians wear those vietnam farm hats and plant seeds and plough the field. How agricutural is it anyways? And anyways for a debate a while back, some girl said that a girl/guy suicided cause the pressure from Ruse was just too much. I've always had this image of ruse, and to be honest every thing I hear from there is so prestige and high up, i can only begin to imagine what it's like to go to a school like that. Ditto i didn't get in ...

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Truth be told, not many people go there for the Ag, but lots of people (~60-70) do HSC Ag in Year 11. Ag is compulsory till Year 10, and it isn't a bad subject, it's just boring after 4 years. But there is a lot of injoking about Ag, and most students feel some connection to the farm, or are proud of it in some way. It's not every school that sells bags of oranges each weighing 1.5kg for $2. And the oranges are good. Also there's lots of cows/sheep/hens etc. There's not much prestige to be honest. You will hear kids swearing at each other, except there are no fights. Everything is quite pleasant and watered down, but it's not really snobbish or prestigious (lots of families arent very rich). Just we get a blazer. It is quite high up in terms of academics, and a lot is expected of you the moment you walk in. But it's not too different from a normal school. It's just that everybody is suddenly as smart if not smarter than you, nobody is a dumbass, kids don't chuck chairs at teachers, students are more well mannered and everybody wants to learn. It's a great environment in reality. But like, I feel the same as you, I can only imagine going to a comp school and seeing not borderline geniuses everywhere. And after 4+ years at ruse, the idea of going to a school that's not #1 is so surreal, I can't imagine what it would be like. The perception of a good school gets blurred once you attend James Ruse.

dp624

HSC
there are a lot of dumbasses imo; but probably a lot less than other schools

i've never heard of the suicide thing either; it's not a very presitigious school - grammar or boys high would be probably more so

EvoRevolution

HSC
Who cares about whether the subjects are hard, just get into the school. They will probably be accepting a higher standard in subjects.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
there are a lot of dumbasses imo; but probably a lot less than other schools

i've never heard of the suicide thing either; it's not a very presitigious school - grammar or boys high would be probably more so
Academically I'm yet to see any complete dumbasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)