• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jarhead (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Saw this tonight, thought it was good. Funnier than I expected. Extremely well acted from all the young ones. Deakins captured the film beautifully. Carried on from Conrad Hall exceptionally well. The voice-over seemed a bit superfulous, and the ending wasn't tight enough. Apart from that, a great effort from Mendes.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
Pilgrim said:
oh so u dont have any numbers to show? or any courses to show?

enough said.

what the fuck do you know you little shit? lol, you're doing your HSC, you're a kid, you know fuck all. im sick of reading your shit in this forum. you're a fucking brat stirring people up.

the movie appealed to those with a bit of an open mind and intellect, not teenyboppers who get a hard on from seeing explosions and guns going BOOOM. grow the fuck up faggot, you aint know shit :sleep:

ON TOPIC;

loved the movie.

Pilgrim

HSC
illmatic said:
what the fuck do you know you little shit? lol, you're doing your HSC, you're a kid, you know fuck all. im sick of reading your shit in this forum. you're a fucking brat stirring people up.

the movie appealed to those with a bit of an open mind and intellect, not teenyboppers who get a hard on from seeing explosions and guns going BOOOM. grow the fuck up faggot, you aint know shit :sleep:

ON TOPIC;

loved the movie.

movies are for entertainment you tard. im not going to sit for 2.5 hours watching a guy beat it and not see some arabs die.

You like 50 cent and lloyd banks and you call me the teeny bopper man thats fucking hilarious.

As for nwatts. shut it. Just because i disagree you think you need to ban me or something. It's fucking censorship.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
then why didnt you leave the cinema as soon as he started jerking off??? why did you bother watching it???

and movies are not just for your entertainment, tard.

and why are you calling someone with the name 'illmatic' a teenybopper? obviously he likes both hip-hop and mainstream rap, not just mainstream rap.

walrusbear

HSC
icecreamdisco said:
i would've liked the final scene if mendes didn't feel the need to accompany it with a redundant voiceover; it kills an otherwise resonant visual coda
heh, my first thought when the movie started was 'fuck off with the voice-overs'
Road to Perdition had an utterly unnecessary frame from the child

anyway, i found the movie to be better than most people let on.
at first i thought it was shamelessly aping full metal jacket but came to realise as the film went on that it was very self conscious of every major 'war' movie before it, which are pretty much instilled in the public conscious. watching the 'jarheads' cheer on apocalypse now was a nice touch. i found the deer hunter part surprisingly moving and the aforementioned imagery with the horse was also a highlight. quite liked the white footprints over the blast zone scene too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)