Jcu applications (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
hi guys,

just wanted to know, for JCU i'm a bit confused about the applications. say if i wanted to apply for both medicine and dentistry would i have to fill out the written component twice ? or just once ?

thanks !

spdr20

HSC
Yeah I'm pretty sure you would. Or else how would you emphasize the med practitioner/dental practitioner questions. Would seem a bit strange if you just focused on one profession. They might not like it, and also the chances are different selection group might be in charge of dental applicants as a oppose to medical applications. Just make 2 separate applications, post ithem in separate envelopes and hope for the best!

Good luck

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
ive said this to a number of people already but ill say it again. u always run the risk of being rejected by applying to both med and dent at the same uni. if u apply for med/dent which one do u want most? applying for both shows that you havent thought about ur choice and that you arent 100% committed to either degree. if they dont match the applications the u will get away with it no problems, but if they DO match them ur chances have pretty much gone out the window for BOTH. thats how i see anyway.

kallu

HSC
N/A
Isnt today the last day of Applying to JUC? I've filled in only one application. Just ticked the Dent and Med at the begining of the form.

Charity F

póg mo thóin
HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
hi guys,

just wanted to know, for JCU i'm a bit confused about the applications. say if i wanted to apply for both medicine and dentistry would i have to fill out the written component twice ? or just once ?

thanks !
tbh i think it's weird that you haven't at least decided between med or dent fullstop

also agree with FreshOffTheBoast, there's a high risk that you'll be jeopardising your application as well, and i really don't think you'd want that...

try and put yourself in the position of the selectors - a student applying for both med and dent at the same university doesn't come off as super keen, just as very undecided. positions in med school can't be refilled/replaced, so the selectors aren't going to choose someone who they think might drop out etc.

anyway, if you are going to apply for both at the same uni, definitely write a different application for each.

also keep in mind that because JCU doesn't consider the UMAT, the application is incredibly important and you should invest a lot of time into it. i doubt they would allow for any leeway whatsoever when it comes to offering interviews.

Daveky

HSC
I was wondering if anyone knew whether JCU would be doing that early Christmas present this year like they said they would last year by telling people whether they would be getting in before Christmas.

I actually would rather they tell me if i didn't get in so I could do something else with my waiting time as the amount of notice they give is quite short. I mean as if they need all Christmas holidays to decide!

Then they tell you like a week before the semester starts so you have to organise accommodation and jobs etc in under a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)