Je ne sais pas comment on tudie pour le Franais... (1 Viewer)

porka

Good to see that people have picked it up in different ways.. I went on an exchange last year as well and I found that it didn't really teach me a great deal of new things but just brushed up my skills a bit. Plus if you have to live in a French environment with people who can only speak French it's bound to improve the speaking skills. So do you guys do extension French as well? What are your thoughts on that and are you studying Marius Et Jeannette? That's the movie I did last year, thought it was the only option until I read on the exam paper that there was another movie..

emily

no, i don't do extension french.
um, my exchange, yeah it was a bit bizarre - i got landed with this really weird 15yr old goth who was more interested in cutting herself so didn't actually go out much, a bit of a shame. it was a good experience though, i guess my speaking improved even if the rest got worse :)

porka

What do you guys think about extension French? I thought it was pretty hard and everything ended up getting band E4 but then realised that 44% of people doing the course either got the same mark as me or actually beat me... It's meant to be a really hard subject but it seems as though everyone gets really good marks in it..??

sdpy

yes...

In response to your comment that everyone seems to do well... I think the truth is that people who don't do well in continuers aren't allowed (by their schools at least) to do extension, and a lot of people who start extension french drop it as they find it too hard. So the cohort is quite amazing, but you have to take into account how hard the subject is in the first place and how hard the people who do it, work. (that was a loong sentence, hehe)

HI DINA!

pink_guitar

I only do beginners and I am a bit worried about how I will go in the exam.. In my trails and half yearly I got about 75%-80%.. Is the HSC exam harder?
A way I have been studying is to find french people on the net to talk to.. Its pretty confusing but it works!! - just thought Id mention it.. lol
Anyone have any tips about the exam?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
make sure you stick to the time limits, and don't start to panic (i better follow this advice this arvo!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)