Jimmy Eat World - Clarity. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Who likes the old Jimmy Eat World, especially Clarity? I think they were so much better back them:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
Oh FUTURES is wayyyy better :p

actually i havent really heard clarity, i just got it a couple of days ago ... once i listen to it better im sure il love it... but really futures is soo soo awesome, especially 23!!
I heard a song off that album last night on RAGE. I must say it doesn't stand up against some of the songs off Clarity:(. Actually, I was watching RAGE at about 1 AM last night and there were some awesome bands on. There was not one Rap, e.t.c., song played:D.

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
That must of been "Pain" then ... actually i havent seen the music clip for that yet. is it any good?
Yeh that song isnt the greatest imo, there are a lot better ones on the albumn. They just chose that song to be released since i guess it would appeal more to a larger audience, and similar to the bleed american days.
J.E.W's sound has grown since clarity, and i think its gotten better, although a lot of old school j.e.w fans dont like it.
Anyway, you gotta listen to all of futures before you judge it... my picks would be 23, kill, and work :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
That must of been "Pain" then ... actually i havent seen the music clip for that yet. is it any good?
Yeh that song isnt the greatest imo, there are a lot better ones on the albumn. They just chose that song to be released since i guess it would appeal more to a larger audience, and similar to the bleed american days.
J.E.W's sound has grown since clarity, and i think its gotten better, although a lot of old school j.e.w fans dont like it.
Anyway, you gotta listen to all of futures before you judge it... my picks would be 23, kill, and work :D
Yeah, that was the name of it, "Pain". The music clip is just them playing in a garage. Not the most creative:(.

Bleed American, wasn't that good either. They changed their style to become more popular I think:(. Clarity is an absolutely awesome album and you won't convince me otherwise:p. I might try and get a copy of "Features" somehow:).

propagandhi

HSC
N/A
when i make my top ten albums list, both these go in there
i havent got futures yet, but after i have bought my tickets for big day out and homebake, i will get around to it

i have to admit that bleed american is what got me into jimmy eat world, but then i found clarity... there is both similarity and contrast in these albums and i love them both

bleed american was more upbeat and way more accessible, but the songs were such good pop meets rock meets punk meets hardcore (good hardcore, like husker du) that you cant help but like it

and clarity is something that has such an impact and a bit of kick, but is so beautiful. its possibly a harder album to get into, but anyone who liked bleed american will like it more...

i dunno, im wanging on about nothing.... the message is, jimmy eat world=good

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
propagandhi said:
i have to admit that bleed american is what got me into jimmy eat world, but then i found clarity... there is both similarity and contrast in these albums and i love them both
Well I never bought Bleed American, but they seem quite different to me:p.

propagandhi said:
bleed american was more upbeat and way more accessible, but the songs were such good pop meets rock meets punk meets hardcore (good hardcore, like husker du) that you cant help but like it
Yeah, with Bleed American they were just following the trend of Pop Punk music:(.

R

randhi

No, i agree they do sound similar, you know what i love and i can listen to over and over again, its Hear you me, Table of glasses, No sensitivity and clarity ofcourse and Rockstar...oh and the rest of their stuff rocks as well.

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
yeh they are similar in a sense, but bleed american i think is slightly more upbeat and popish... i.e authority song, which is completely different and sounds like a good charlotte song lol.

Clarity is starting to grow on me.. for some reason it reminds me of dashboard confessional
gotta love goodbye sky harbour n lucky denver mint!

i bought a jimmy eat world badge today! hehe

Lorie

HSC
no
not like dashboard confessional
jimmy eat world=good
dc= not good

let us not hear these words in the same sentence again

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I have only heard the three singles from "Bleed American" so all I can really say is that in my opinion, those songs are quite different to the songs on "Clarity":).

pretti_in_pink

pretti_in_pink
HSC
bloody posers

i lik jimmy eat world but u noe wot im soo pissed off bout new sp fans cum on yer there heaps good but true fans wod noe they've been round 4 ages HELLO!! n den they relise a crap song from an album thats been round 4 ages n there tha fuckin bomb i dont get it maybe sumone shud stand up 4 tha true fans n tell da world dat theres more to music den da fuckin radio n video hits just coz its suddenly on da radio doesnt mean its new :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)