• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

job agencies are parasites (1 Viewer)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
agree/disagree

does anybody else reckon that they dont do anything and cant help anybody get a job at all

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
agree/disagree

does anybody else reckon that they dont do anything and cant help anybody get a job at all
Dont do anything at all.

I was with one for 6 months, not only did they not provide training, they stuck me in a $9/hr job which i quit because i was being underpaid woefully.

Went out later that day and found a $20/hr job at Inghams.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Never had to deal with them. But a few of my mates who use them, reckon they're shit house, and that they get fucked around pretty bad.

HSC
agree/disagree

they cater to a market

saves companies spending money on HR etc for shithouse jobs that require little talent

everyone i know involved with them found work pretty easily

if they cant find you employment its probably because you are fucking useles

Dont do anything at all.

I was with one for 6 months, not only did they not provide training, they stuck me in a $9/hr job which i quit because i was being underpaid woefully.

Went out later that day and found a $20/hr job at Inghams.
i rest my case

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've heard both good and bad things about recruitment agencies, however I would be more inclined to go with the latter. I've heard so many stories like the above about being given pretty low paying and overally crappy jobs. The people I used to work with however mostly got their placements via a recruitment agency (mid tier accounting firm) so I'm really unsure.

HSC
i maintain that if you need to use a recruitment agency then you are no good anyway and should be thankful that you even have employment

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
i maintain that if you need to use a recruitment agency then you are no good anyway and should be thankful that you even have employment
Yeah I've never really seen a point. I'd much rather have control over the process myself anyway.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)