Job Situation? (1 Viewer)

daniel4592

HSC
Im 15 Male Ive worked at KFC as kitchenhand since 21st of March This year and it was tough I quit on Sat the 14th after I couldnt take it anymore what was the reason/s i quit:
They Werent short staffed for the store but they never had enough staff in at a time because they were too cheap.
I only got Close shifts which suck especially when youre the only one doing the "Cook's" Close.
2 Of my Managers 1 Assistant and teh resturant manager just hated me and i Hated them for no Paticular reason The Assit M would yell at me she watched me like i didnt know how to do anything even though i was following procedure and sometime did it the way my trainer taught me Id get in crap never was it good enough for her but when my trainer did it she didnt even look at him he did nothing according to procedure.
My Resturant Manager well I didnt know her but she was rude when I got to know her.
on the 7/8th of this month i went of because i was sick they were "Ok" with it.
and on teh 1st of july i was looking at the rooster 1 min before i walked out and saw
FRI SAT SUN
13-07-07 14-07-07 15-07-07
3.59pm-7.59pm 3.59pm-7.59pm 12.59pm-5.59pm

So on friday around 1pm i felt really sick so I called to say im feeling unwell when the R Man screams at me saying I was meant to be here at 11am i was shocked sort of speechless and hung up so i told my mum and she called them she told her i was meant to come at 4pm and I was listening on Loud Speaker she said the Manager "Mellisa (Another "A Mangr") told Daniel Last Saturday that the shift had been changed".
Well what was funny is i wasnt even there.
Then my mum says so the man replies "Are you calling Mel a lier ok fine she whatevere you are very rude" liek as if she wanted to do something to my mum I was like WTF! then my mum says "You were rude to my son" and she just says "Daniel's next shift it tommorow 4-8 BYE!".
I was so angry I wrote out a short notice Resignation that stated I wish to terminate my Jobn with this store by 3.58pm 14th Of July 2007 and gave it and walked off i havent heard of them since.
Tommorow I have an Interview at mcdonalds.I jst wanted to ask about 4 things.
1)Is a Non experess Mcdonalds this tight on staff? Like is a closing shift at a Mcdonalds that works until 12am one cook?
2)Should i put down KFC as one of my references when i go? after this?
3)Is mcdonalds a better place?
4)WOuld i get some weekday shifts not my whole weekedn gone with cleaning?
I can work 3.15pm-11pm daily and open-close sat and on sun i can do 1045-11pm.
What do you think?
Thanks!

ellen.louise

HSC
Hey.

That sounds totally shit. Good on you for resigning.
Maccas has a pretty good employment standard: it's unlikely you would be getting any of that crap. They have excellent training standards, etc.
You should be a lot better off there. Good luck.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
no idea about 1, 3 or 4..but as for 2
put kfc down as work history, but after your relatoinship with your managers and the 'way', i doubt you left you'd get a good reference from them. try to get 2 refs from other sources

P

pLuvia

1. They usually have 3/4 people doing close, 2 at the front and 2/1 at the back SOMETIMES if the front counter employees are nice they will help you with the cleaning for the cooking area. Usually you start cleaning at around 11pm and get out at like close to 12am sometimes a bit over if there are still customers coming in but that's not the case usually.

2. I don't think you'll need a reference for McDonalds, I worked at Oportos before I worked at McDonalds, I got a bad reference at Oportos (boss just didn't like me) so I didn't put anything down but I still got the job that night

3. I haven't worked at KFC so I wouldn't know. The training is very brief (two 3 hour shifts - not sure if they have changed it now), I can tell you that there it is a less oily atmosphere than it is in KFC :)

4. They will try to spread you out as much as possible but you can tell them what days you prefer, my store (Waitara) was good in that sense.

Black Hawker

HSC
I don't think managers can say anything bad about you in the reference.

When I quit Maccas, my assistant manager let me write up the reference.

HSC
I get the feeling that McDonalds staff get treated a whole lot better than KFC staff. I mean, I haven't worked at either, but just from what I've heard I'd say that McDonalds has a much better reputation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)