Jobs At Newcastle???????? (1 Viewer)

ALF85

Hey everyone,

Well I'm going to be living near the uni and thought i'd go down to Jesmond Stockland to apply for a part-time job. Handed a resume to nearly every shop and no one was interested.

Where else do you think is suitable to apply, not to far from uni, close to public trans? I don't know Newcastle at all, I'm from the country.

Got heaps of experience - retail p/t 4 yrs, waitressing p/t 12mths.

Any IDEAS???

Thanks

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well newcastle has lots of pubs/clubs if you want to go for the waitressing aspect, do you have your RSA as well, coz that would help
stockland jesmond was also a good idea, did you think about trying kotara fair (or westfield kotara or whatever its called nowadays) and charlestown square? not sure what the public transport is like though..
theres also some jobs at the uni itself, not exactly sure what is entailed yet, go to the student services center and its sorta just below the main floor with the enquiries thingie..like walk past the enquiries, go down a few steps, turn to your left, and your there
also add www.hunterjobs.com.au to your bookmarks and check there occasionally for jobs

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
that sucks about stockland not being interested because i was relying on getting some sort of work there....oh well i guess i will just have to find other places

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Shops at New Lambton, Lambton or Wallsend are close. Glendale, Kotara, Elermore Vale and Waratah are a little further, but buses will get you there easily. :)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Oh yeah, how's the course going, Cyph?

I was talking to Mr. Hill yesterday and he asked how you were doing. lol, at first I had no idea who the buggery he was talking about. :p

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Wasn't he your Year 12 Software Design and Development teacher? Hmmm.. maybe he was talking about someone else. :p

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I went to school on Tuesday to take back some textbooks, and went to see all of my teachers. Had a good chat to him. :)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Yeah I did, he had a nice big spiel about how you were his "best student". hehe :D

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Nah I'm pretty sure he said he was really happy with your results. Besides, an 85/84 mark is pretty damn good!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
..just! ;)

There's still a big part of me that wants to do Software Engineering.. if I had of known I was gonna get over 85 I probably would have thought about it more. :(

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Hehe, maybe we should swap courses?

Wait.. interesting you say? Perhaps I will give it a go.. :p

What kind of stuff were they teaching?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
Crimes Act, Enclosed Lands Protection Act, Liquor Act, Registered clubs & hotels Act... all this other stuff for teaching purposes drawing upon true stories/incidents that happened to get concepts across to us - we only have to know Larceny and the Enclosed Lands Protection Act though which I could tell you the proofs elements for to establish a prima facia case :D
I'm hoping one day I'll understand at least one of the words you just said. :eek:

How come you're at uni now??

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'm doing a Chemistry bridging course this Monday to Friday. Then O-Week, then Uni officially starts. Can't wait! :p

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
You know it's probably gonna sound really mean, but I don't really know what Dad does. :p

I do know that he teaches. Don't know what, but he teaches. And he signs the certificates.. so if you have any troubles, just let me know. ;)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
What are their names?

And yeah you could have gone without paying Sermacs, but you would have had to pay me $800 to ask Dad.. :D

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
re: jobs
a few of my mates last year got payed to be sperm donors at the uni - $15 a pop (pun intended), usually three times a week.

and not only do you get payed for it, it also goes towards research of male infertility, male contraceptives and adolescent cancer

beat off and save the world!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
man, you guys have it good!
i mean, you get paid to wank off, which you would be doing anyway

but i guess theres the 'oh but im gunna have 50 million kids running around' side of it

but meh, 15 bux a go, it would be worth it ;)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
dont do it if you have a girlfriend though, cos you're not allowed to ejaculate for 48 hours before you give a sample. thats also why you can only do it three times a week max

so im out

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, i have a few mates that donate...you don't have to worry about having kids from it because it is strictly for research...another guy i know is going to write an article on it in the opus soon, it should be interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)