"Joey". (1 Viewer)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
cuts hasnt been picked up yet though has it ;) & veronica mars is on UPN and they are prone to cancelling things for no reason.

no, One Tree Hill hasnt been cancelled, but it should be. That and 7th heavan which has been picked up for a 10th season - making it the longest running family drama ever. Grr i hate it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
Bugger. I'm sure I heard it around here, possibly even from you.
You wouldn't have heard it from me:).

Argonaut said:
GRRRR. I can't stand this show but my sister insists on watching it with the volume right up.
Well you don't have to worry about it anymore because it has been taken off the air in Australia:(.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Krangelus said:
cuts hasnt been picked up yet though has it ;) & veronica mars is on UPN and they are prone to cancelling things for no reason.
Oh, I just realised that you listed shows that have yet to be renewed as well as those that have been cancelled:).

Krangelus said:
no, One Tree Hill hasnt been cancelled, but it should be. That and 7th heavan which has been picked up for a 10th season - making it the longest running family drama ever. Grr i hate it.
One Tree Hill isn't too bad. Sure, it is no The O.C. but I still enjoy it. 7th Heaven on the other hand:eek:!

Fry

Argonaut said:
Who, what, where, when, how and why?
Eliza Dushku used to played Faith, a very popular recurring character on Buffy & Angel. the creator of the show approached her to do a spin-off but she turned it down and chose to do Tru Calling instead which turned out to be a huge stinking bomb and was axed only 6 episodes into the second season. now, if she had chosen to do the Faith spin-off, my guess is that it would've been a worldwide success by now as her character has a massive following and there would be many potentially great stories to tell.

a Faith spin-off campaign is currently underway (check out saveangel.org & www.petitiononline.com/ftvs/petition.html), but i really doubt that would happen cos the writers have other commitments and i don't think any of the networks would wanna let Eliza be the lead for a new show after Tru Calling's failure. :( still, im remaining hopeful. i love the character so damn much.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i can't believe 'arrested development' isn't being picked up again.........i keep reading how well it's done and how smart and funny it is.

but getting back to 'joey', i would have thought it would be too weird to play the same character but in a different show after being with the same people in friends for 10 yrs. it's like, you've made 100 billion dollars already just let it be cause there's no way you can top it.

Fry

babez_hamp said:
i can't believe 'arrested development' isn't being picked up again.........i keep reading how well it's done and how smart and funny it is.

but getting back to 'joey', i would have thought it would be too weird to play the same character but in a different show after being with the same people in friends for 10 yrs. it's like, you've made 100 billion dollars already just let it be cause there's no way you can top it.
they did it with Frasier and hey, looked how that turned out. 'Joey' is not trying to be better than 'Friends' and it never will be. just think of it as a new sitcom but with a familiar character in the lead.

i doubt this show will last cos Joey jokes can only go so far. maybe 3-4 seasons max. yes, they are riding on the success of Friends, but it's better than having to face an entirely new US sitcom which is likely to be crap...as most are.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
babez_hamp said:
arrested development is actually on the bubble, its been replaced by the new Seth Mcfarlane animated comedy "american dad" in may, which is really not a good sign. Theres still hope as no formal decision has been made, but it doesnt look good.

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
Fry said:
they did it with Frasier and hey, looked how that turned out. 'Joey' is not trying to be better than 'Friends' and it never will be. just think of it as a new sitcom but with a familiar character in the lead.

yeh, but at least frasier's character could be developed a lot more. the character of joey is nearing 40 and after 10 yrs his jokes are getting a little repetitive.......but having said that, it's certainly not as bad as some other spin-offs so i say good luck to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)