John Howard: "Millions of Aussies won't say sorry to Aboriginals" (1 Viewer)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
sam04u said:
Do you recognise that you live in this prosperous country, because of the European invasion of the Aboriginal peoples land? Do you accept that you live a comfortable life at the expense of the Aboriginal peoples lost lives and homes?
If they hadn't died I don't see how my life now would be any different. There is a place for recognising the way they were treated was wrong, and a place for moving on from that, instead of wallowing in it and using it as an excuse to hold your hand out for government grants and wait for an apology which may never come.

Also, as far as I know, the indigenous people of Australia prior to the Aboriginal invasion didn't get an apology for the genocide they suffered.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
dude that's unnecessary, spoiling a perfectly decent argument.

in my mind, this apologetic business isn't really what the natives are after. instead, i think they want money and power, like all human wanted sicne the break of dawn.

Magicana

HSC
No need to apologise. The Aboriginals were not using it in a good fashion anyway.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Lizakith said:
If they hadn't died I don't see how my life now would be any different. There is a place for recognising the way they were treated was wrong, and a place for moving on from that, instead of wallowing in it and using it as an excuse to hold your hand out for government grants and wait for an apology which may never come.

Also, as far as I know, the indigenous people of Australia prior to the Aboriginal invasion didn't get an apology for the genocide they suffered.
huh? what people are you talking about? I wasnt aware of any people or culture existing in australia prior to the indigenous one.

If they hadnt have died you probably wouldnt be living in a complete australia, land would have been negotiated and our continent would look like europe, split up based on language divisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)