John Howards terrorism meeting (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

In britain - i think they have made it a crime to discusss terrorism and to justify or say anything positive about it. They want to do the same here.

Meaning that alot of the crap on this forum would be illegal?

They want us to have ID cards to track our every movement and want the power to seach any of us, for no reason. Completely random searches of law abiding citizens.

They also want the power to detain people for long periods of time with no lawyers.

Are we prisoners or freee citizens?

Isnt anyone concerned? At how rediculous the proposed laws are?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm concerned, and have made a thread about it, but it died because because seem to think that the chance of loosing, maybe, 100 citizens, is worth completley destroying any other rights...yes, we have a right to life, but dont we even more important have a right to a LIFE WORTH LIVING. wat good is a life of captivity? i'd prefer death to that.

more people have died standing up for a better life, dont change it, wars have been fought and people have died over standing up as free citizens, yet terrorism seems to be taking that away, i stand firm in saying that to a certain extent TERROR HAS WON

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i wish u were born in the USSR before it broke up. then u wouldnt say a thing about our government watching us.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Well if the government expects me carry an Australian citizen no.xxxx ID card everytime I step outside my house, they can kiss my arse :mad:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Well if the government expects me carry an Australian citizen no.xxxx ID card everytime I step outside my house, they can kiss my arse :mad:
jail your ass bitch

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
A news item please, shouldn't be hard to find one, just so that we have something specific to discuss ...

Generator

HSC
N/A
At the same time, McLake, a general issue such as this is in no real need of a news item, particularly as it has been plastered across our screens and carried across the airwaves for some time. There's no need to be overly anal, because it will only ruin what should be a news AND current affairs and politics forum. At least you didn't close this thread, though, so that's something.

Still, here's a link: PM calls counter-terrorism summit

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Generator said:
There's no need to be overly anal, because it will only ruin what should be a news AND current affairs and politics forum.
Not being anal, just thought it would be hypocritical of me if I didn't enforce (however loosley) my own rules.

Thanks for the link ...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
McLake said:
Not being anal, just thought it would be hypocritical of me if I didn't enforce (however loosley) my own rules.

Thanks for the link ...
Oh come on, you are still grasping onto that rule? tis best not to cling onto the wreckage of a lost cause......

Anyway, on the Terrorism summit , it may do something, thats yet to be seen, however i doubt it will actually benefit anybody much.......

And did people see Iemma's new Sydney evacuation plan? lol what a farce that is! You tell the terrorists exactly where they should strike......(Iemma's response to this allegation was pitiful). Additionally, the plan has people say working on the west side of the CBD having to evacuate to Hyde park, when Darling Harbour (another evacuation point) is only a few meters away........

Generator

HSC
N/A
McLake said:

Thanks for the link ...
Sorry, there was absolutely no need for me to have been so rude.

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
And did people see Iemma's new Sydney evacuation plan? lol what a farce that is! You tell the terrorists exactly where they should strike......(Iemma's response to this allegation was pitiful). Additionally, the plan has people say working on the west side of the CBD having to evacuate to Hyde park, when Darling Harbour (another evacuation point) is only a few meters away........
That's because the whole thing is hype.

My theory is "terrorist" attacks are so random, that they can not plan how to stop them and when they do happen what to do. When a terrorist attack happens, that’s pretty much it, its over the damage is down and all you can do is clean up and track down the culprits

So to give the people some comfort, they introduce a whole lot of flashy things. ID cards, new black hawk helicopters, a few guys with some flashy balaclavas and neat guns, a bright colour code system and of cause some plans that will probably go out the window when the shit goes down.

In the mean time they can arrest, ban, expose some wannabe Islamic radicals to give some false hope that the system works. Although what do you have, some kid with a beard, dark skin, a long name and a couple times has cried "bomb the west, Laden roxers".

ID cards won't keep us safe. The London terrorist were citizens to, so they would have been able to attain ID cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)