Journal (1 Viewer)

demigod

Hi, im a bit lost at the moment, ans was just wonderin if someone could answer a ques bout the journal. Just that with our research, do we have to write about y we have used it and stuff, and if so how much should we be writing?

Last edited:

Serpentia

I'm afraid your question doesn't make sense, even after I managed to loosely translate it

We are meant to stick our research findings into the journal, then it is a good idea to write notes next to the research about why it relates to our task

Just keep in mind that the journal is not marked, but is there *if* the markers don't believe your work is original, or wish to check the process of making your MW.

You write as much as necessary'

I hope I have answered your illogical and quite incoherent question :p

:S

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
From what I could gather, when sticking in your research, you should be highlighting points you find necessary to your topic. Red pen markings along the side look good as well (the markers and your teachers will love you). I am doing all that, and also after a whole chunck of research that i stick in, i write about 2 A4 pages about the info i just found, and if it is worthwhile.

demigod

yeah, soz, i was in a rush and jsut started typin with out really thinkin bout wat i was tryin to say. Basically that is the answer i was lookin for, just that i wasnt sure if we were expected to write about each piece of research and how relevant it is to our MW!

KarmaKitten

HSC
teachers prefer to know why you pasted in your research so yes every thing you paste should have a little entry on why its relevant etc etc

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I made up a sheet that i printed out, I put on it stuff to identify the work (author, title, medium, published, etc.) then notes on the text, then quotations, and i use it as a cover sheet for any research I paste into my work.

Giant Lobster

HSC
I had a journal... once.. like back in the dream time

dunno what happened to it
its not marked or anything at my school so im gonna neglect it until july or somefin

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
heh my 'journal' is terrible... i had a notebook but it fell apart so i ripped out what i'd done and shoved it in a plastic sleeve...mum bought me one of those big black and red hardcover books, but i don't write well in books, i'm a loose-leaf paper girl so i'm thinking i'm just going to keep it all in a folder.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im dropping ext 2 so my half filled journal will probably be left to gather dust in the corner till after the hsc :(

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
It's not wise to neglect your journal since it's important for your reflection statement (seriously.. you forget what you've done over twelve months)... and even if the journal is not marked, your reflection statement will be :|

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I seem to be ahving...trouble of sorts with my journal, that is, i always seem to be awear that soemone will be looking at it, so i set things out, and explain things that i so obviously dont need to!
And also, when i write things in it, i re-type it up and paste it over. That part isnt for those who will look at it, but for me, and i think that they may think i did it just for them. It doesnt look original, and authentic, when everything is typed up y'know?

I dont know what i should do! and i dont know what i expect for help either, but either way, anyone got ideas on this?

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by anti
It's not wise to neglect your journal since it's important for your reflection statement (seriously.. you forget what you've done over twelve months)... and even if the journal is not marked, your reflection statement will be :|
Yeah I considered that...
But the I realise what I will fabricate will sound better than what I actually did :)

mayhemily

HSC
@ Llyrai: I had the exact same problem, I was really really really self concious about what I was writing and stuff... but then one day I just started writing about an idea and... well, im still going!! hmmm advice. justtt try to remember that this is no one else's work or process but yours. So stop holding back and write everything down, and decorate it and make it pretty and stuff so you develop a positive vibe... I dont know how helpful that is, but I think thats how I conquered it!!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
When i first started off I was writing in my journal according to the markers, but now I write in it for my self. If i do drafts and my writing is messy, then I don't care. I think I said before how the markers (if they want) will have to see my journal with everything about me in it - PMS, stressful days, chocolate-indulged days, etc. all in it!

mayhemily is right - write everything that's on your mind (well as long as it's about EE2 of course).

I'm going to find it difficult to hand in my journal in August, I'm so attached!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)