Journeys (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
YUCK! journeys! has anyone else started the area of study? what do u think of it? I hate it! Have u got any opinions or ideas or info on any of the texts. I hate the visual text so much .. what does everyone else think?

Beaker

hmm its different.

I don't mind it.. because its quite easy yet quite boring and you can blab on about anything.

The Tempest is going to be the first english text since year 8's to kill a mocking bird that I actually read...

2U english is just boring though but I guess you need to do it

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
we are starting on the critical study module (speeches) first cause our teacher reckons that the bos is likely to add stuff to journeys at the beginning of next year so we'd have to go back and learn it..so we r doin journeys in like 1st or 2nd term next year...i think its first

mary10

we have started on "imaginative" journeys what is every one else doin?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
We're doing Imaginative Journeys and were doing Enders Game.

l've read it already and l must say its a great book. We should be finished it in about three weeks.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
look, isn't journeys in the "AOS" module....so u should take this thread ova there. :)

and no i'm not stalking *ahem*, but just couldn't help to point this out. :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Thats true, and thats what l thought, but l didn't dare to point hat out.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Yeah, could be worse

We're doing physical journeys, so that's pretty easy to rattle on about in a piece of writing. But damn the paper will be on area of journeys. Still it's better than change I think, that requires thought beforehand....:eek:

~V~

Gold Member?
HSC
N/A
We are doing physical journey too! has anyone here started analysing the stimulus booklet?? We have a three minute speech (half text from stimulus booklet and half our own choice). So if any lazy arses like myself out there wanted to swap analysis of wind in the willows PLEAse email me... :D

= Jennifer =

HSC
we are doing physical journeys as well and ummm there is not that many texts in the stimulus booklet which relate to it compared to inner journey...lucky inner journey people....we are doing Jesse Martin's Lionheart...is any one else doing it as well

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
My teacher hasnt told us wat kind of journey we're doing... =S knowing her she'll make us do all the options. What related texts are u using? Jesse Martin Lionheart sounds like a good one. Im looking at whale rider, rabbit proof fence, yolunga boy.. so far

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
muahahha

and that i must say is quite the unexpected twist....and i thought they screwed our year over :)

i recommend doing Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" or Scorsecese(sp?) "Apocalypse Now!" too brilliant texts as support which embody everything in the courses(at first glance :) )

fab23q

HSC
does anyone have any good notes on journeys and physical journeys? i have a journal entry due in 2 days and i dont know wat to write...any help would be appreciated thx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)