Julius Caesar - conflicting perspectives (1 Viewer)

MissAmazing

HSC
I'm studying Shakepeare at the moment in english - Julius Caesar - and I'm stuck on how we are supposed to refer this text to the concept of 'conflicting perspectives'. the lines are very blurred on how it fits in, and i need whatever help i can get on how to understand it more.
anything will be appreciated.

Kat92

HSC
Look at techniques such as animal imagery, metaphors, humour, negative connotative language, bias etc. The views of the Roman people towards Caesar. Anecedotes/ soloquies of Cassius and Brutus and how they sway the perspectives of the Romans.

Later you will have to find two related texts and do the same sort of thing by analysing the techniques to help establish the differing points of view (conflicting perspectives that people hold about a certain event or personality).

The Board of Studies website is a good place to look for more information about the module requirements.

Kat92

HSC

I would not rely on these as your only notes. As thousands of HSC students will most probably view them and just regurgitate the information that is given. Plus if all the HSC students do this the markers will become bored as there are no original ideas or any actual student thoughts.

It's best, if you have a look for important quotes. With these quotes, you then need to thoroughly understand what the mean in context of JC and to you so as you can show a high level of analysis.

bouncing

HSC
hey MissAmazing

its not that bad once you look over notes and stuff my teacher gave us alot of handouts so that helped ALOT! i have to say sparknotes really doesn't cover in DETAIL what you need to know.. and the "quotations explained" page ( i personally found was not very helpful) read the analysis of the different scenes tho they're really helpful as they explain WHY and HOW it is that the conflicting perspectives arise

Kat92

HSC
hey MissAmazing

its not that bad once you look over notes and stuff my teacher gave us alot of handouts so that helped ALOT! i have to say sparknotes really doesn't cover in DETAIL what you need to know.. and the "quotations explained" page ( i personally found was not very helpful) read the analysis of the different scenes tho they're really helpful as they explain WHY and HOW it is that the conflicting perspectives arise

That's awesome that you have the translated versions, it is helpful to read that after you have looked at Shakespeare's version. I know that it made things much easier for our class to follow and try to grasp what Shakespeare was inferring. Another good thing to do, that our teacher asked to complete was make character profiles, analyse the soliloquies, write down/ analyse the animal imagery quotes and look at views (ancedotal evidence/funeral orations) from the Roman Populus/Brutus/Cassius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)